Nvidia 435.80 pre-release driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i trust this guy to make good bug reports, lol.

i suppose i could install the set and verify, i have the games he listed, but since it looks like colour compression bugs, i'd need to put a maxwell or later in that system.

2. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    Nvidia never said for whom and what the 435.80 driver is for.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    I would assume a 20H1 Win10 insider driver but if it's distributed outside the Insider and Windows Update source it could have other things in it, hard to say until there's some info on what the branch jump entails and what is merged in from earlier drivers and what is missing although from the reports in this thread there's some info at least. :)

Pre-release so I would say pre-beta or possibly earlier and expect issues compared to even some other leaked drivers though I am curious what NVIDIA might be working on but without documentation or NVIDIA staff posting on what the driver actually includes or what it's for that's probably going to be very limited and who knows when the 435.xx drivers might be ready for a general release compared to the current 431.xx ones.

Probably fun to use and test for those interested in that but for general use I would probably be using the latest stable or hotfix drivers for stability and to minimize any bugs or unexpected behavior although if it's available to the public without major hoops it's probably also not completely experimental either.

EDIT: But yeah until there's some official info on 435 it's going to remain unknown what these really do and contain although some bits can probably be gleaned or checked via various tools or such.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its an optix development driver.

Literally said right here

"OptiX SDK 6.5 and 7.0 require NVIDIA Driver 435 to be installed on the developement system. The OptiX runtime is included with the driver and therefore require this new version to function."

JonasBeckman likes this.

5. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    Well, let's see Nvidia until 435.80 gives official information on this driver, but it is not a beta driver but certified, as it was signed by Nvidi at the end of July.

6. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    Well, since Nvidia themselves posted this driver, then it can be used.

7. SyntaX

SyntaX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080
    Every Release is now certified, so you can install it the normal way on Win10.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    even beta drivers have to be signed now.

9. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    The strange thing is that if you assume that this is a beta driver, it must be delivered through the Windows update center and it was posted to bypass it

10. SyntaX

SyntaX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080
    Pre Release Driver, read the first post. How they can release different test Drivers through Windows Update? Vulkan test Drivers are also released seperaretly.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and signed.

12. dexterav

dexterav Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX1080Ti FE
    it beta for Optix
    its possible oficialy downoaded from NV if you registered in dev
    as i say before its supose more Studio Driver than GAme Ready
    i try this because i curious about
    for normal use i dont recomended this driver , but i am nobody :)

13. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    So far, everything is fine with this driver, everything is smooth and working perfectly. Let's see what happens next.

14. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Which Windows version was it, 1903?

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I'll stick with 435.27 driver, I like that improved latency setting.

Other games work ok too, tested a bunch now.

The only issues so far were
    -daying light DSR glitch, renders at downsampled resolution but doesn't scale properly.
    -mortal kombat 11 dsr doesn't work at all, doesn't display it ingame
    -also occasional black square flash, saw it one time in character selection menu, when it switched to 3d render and only by Sonya so far.

It's idle latency is a bit so so balanced power plan (seen it 1200us idle desktop just winamp open), but it doesn't go too crazy or caused sound issues like earlier 1903 releases.

Yes. I already had it patched with .264+ update when I tested the difference, default perf. vs lowest possible.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    LOL? I have, and I am not having the same issues. None at all really. Again, one person one report. I am also using the latest insider build. So I've verified I don't have that issue(s) and so far, nobody else is either. If that changes, I am sure you will be here to report it.

17. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780Ti
    Yes, they are.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    dying light uses a weird unity renderer that doesn't handle DSR properly.
    MK11 is reading the screen modes via the monitor api for HDR/SDR compliance, it will only show what the monitor supports, and no DSR resolutions.

and what monitor do you use?

Because if you'd noticed recently, you can get issues because of 10bit displays, or variable refresh rate tech, or.... the windows build itself.

potentially this driver only works properly with the 20h1 build.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  19. Koul2020

Koul2020 Member

GPU:
    GPU:
    I have Windows 10 1903 and this driver works clearly.

20. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    As above guys this driver is more Studio driver than Game ready or how Nvidia call this, this driver is required for OptiX and Blender Cycles RTX OptiX acceleration/denoise etc and I think few of other renderers require this driver

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura