Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    These seem fine for me so far, played 4 hours of GTA V with no issues.

2. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Yeah, that's working as intended. Don't set max performance mode in global settings.

3. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Not sure if it is intended though. It certainly didn't do this in Windows 7 and I'm pretty sure Nvidia released a driver with a specific bugfix for this issue previously. It's only meant to maintain solid 3D clocks when a 3D application is fullscreen, not just idle on the desktop.

I suspect some rogue element of Windows 10 is causing the drivers to detect such a usage even when it isn't. That volume bar in the top left side of the screen when a volume increment/decrement is noted by keypress, for example. That's an overlay popping up showing the volume level. That might be doing it and I can't work out what process is causing it but it's part of Windows 10...

Maybe this?

4. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    That could affect other games I donĀ“t have problems with.

5. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
  6. please finally do something i'm really sick of waiting forever for a new driver with those fixes -.- its ridiculous. i'm even thinking of never buying a new gpu again because i'm so sick of pc gaming at all because theres nothing exept geolocks and so on.

amd is dead to me because they are just pure ****.. their drivers are horrible.. now nvidia is starting to die to me too because your drivers also are **** since months -.-

whats making me really angry is that it seems you are trying to force ppl towards maxwell and that will do the opposite to me. i'll just never buy a nvidia gpu again :D its not like pc gaming is worth it lol ^^ on consoles everyone at least has the same experience and not dozends of problems and other stuff xD

edit: oh and sorry for getting angry but i'm sick of updating my driver once every half year only because nvidia can't do good drivers anymore it seems :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    DX12 drawcalls has indeed increased a lot with these drivers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Why there are no Kepler fixes after 353??? that is so annoying!

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    since when windows desktop consider 3d app that need full clock speeds. cause it dont need full speed runs just fine with idle clock speeds

Even the description say

• Preferred Maximum performance maintains the card at is maximum performance state when a 3d application are running regardless of gpu usages

Which means if no 3d app is used it should down clock to idle speeds like it does in win 7 it dont in win 10 and desktop is not 3d app nor does it need full clock speed, this is bug as far i concerned, simply cause in win 10 there is literately no power states anymore with max performance.

All the apps the nvidia add program option picks up are not trigger this full clock speed, cause i set them all to adaptive, along with cortana searchui.exe that is not trigger it either.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  10. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    How about the Fermi DX 12 driver? I know you have been asked many times but we need proper ETA pls! DX 12 bench is to press by today. Another DX 12 patch is coming for a game. One more will be released soon. Nvidia promised that driver by DX 12 games . Well, they are out in any minute.

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    I noticed this. What is it doing exactly? Changing it to what and then back again?

My game looks really good though! Not sure if it is changing the .icc or not as mine is forced but when I go in game I notice like a change but not sure if it changes back. Does the same when exiting too. See a slight flash of change hard to see.

Is BF4 ignoring our .icc and going for default?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Better performance compared to what ?

13. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    It's being reported just fine in GPUz, Afterburner, GPUcaps and nVidiaInspector. So it must be an SLi issue.

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    It used to down clock for me as well, regardless of performance setting.

15. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    This driver will not even install on my system. Get a failed message. Even the Windows Update drivers are failing.
    W10 64bit Pro
    980ti on a 40 inch 4k monitor. Fully water cooled system.

Honestly Nvidia drivers have been an absolute joke. My ATI 7970 ran flawless for years.

16. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    These drivers work great for me. Played SoM for 5 hours without a single crash or TDR.

17. plywood99

plywood99 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid Cool
    Just tried doing a clean install. Still failing. Tried to put the old 353.62 driver back. Now it's failing too.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    It failed to install for me. Had no issues going back to 352.62.
    Im a little bit disappointed with Nvidia on Win 10 launch.

19. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    you guys blocking any windows update drivers from trying to install? these are much better in gw2 and w3 for me

20. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    In performance tests of Batman Arkham Knight failure SLI