Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    :thumbup:

In all seriousness, Win10 will only start to matter for real when DX12 games come out or released games get DX12 patches. (Rumour has it Witcher 3 will get one for example).

2. eMbAh

eMbAh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    should I use these drivers with a 770 on windows 7? i'm currently on 344.11, in the beginning I didn't want to upgrade drivers because it was running so well and I didn't want to risk it, coming from AMD. But now it seems like the ship has sailed and judging from peoples reactions the input lag is now worse than usual and the focus has totally shifted from kepler, true or false?

3. Mikel7

Mikel7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX970/4096Mb
    This could explain the short hangs I have been getting in FFXIV with these new drivers. Haven't looked on memory used while playing though.

4. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Memory leak's present in the previous Win 10 ver's too. Apparently they are "working on it"

WTB non-memory leaky SLi drivers please!

(Not causing me a massive amount of harm, but, it is irritating in some titles)

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Memory leaks! GTA V ver.1.28.1, did show some improvement in shootouts with these drivers vs the ones before.With the next driver release I'll put that update back in and see if it improved further, thanks.

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    These drivers are hell compared to others i also get suddently gta 5 fps drops out of the middle of nowhere strange weird drivers lol.

Using 7 ultimate here.

7. Jammed_Death

Jammed_Death Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx560 TI Hawk
    witcher 3 memory leak after 20 sec gameplay with these

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Guys, quick question, I'll be borrowing a 980Ti. Do I need to uninnstall/reinstall drivers or is it enough just to pop out the old cards and insert the new one? Unified drivers after all, right?

I never got any "hangs" as you describe them but I also stopped playing when my RAM usage had reached 16300MB (since I had to go to sleep).

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It usually works if you just swap the cards with no driver manipulation. But depending on what GPU you have right now it may be wiser to actually deinstall/install the driver anyway. If it's 970 then you may just swap the cards - I did it a couple of times and didn't encounter any issues.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Got a hang crash playing Far Cry 3 after about 30 mins...Screen froze with the sound looping in the background, had to do a hard shutdown.Rockstar SC was offline all night so decided to play FC3, but the night before I played GTA 5 for at least 2 hours with no issue.:3eyes:

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Will probably work fine if coming from a 970, but it only takes 2 mins to reinstall drivers, I'd just reinstall

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Great, thanks.

You're right but it feels like Win10 is so sensitive when it comes to modifying stuff :s

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Uninstall them first!

Trust me, I did the swap thing when I took out my old GTX 980 for the new GTX 980 Ti without uninstalling the drivers first and experienced numerous crashes and TDRs in games which went away when I used DDU and reinstalled the same driver. I suspect certain registry settings were still linked to my GTX 980 when games were expecting the GTX 980 Ti; something like that.

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Comon nvidia, new drivers or new graphics cards, something new and better than now, cause it's not enough. and upgrade 3DTV already to support HDMI2.0 , it's been ages now .

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You're not wrong, I'd take the above advice, but that's not to say you couldn't test both methods

Try it without reinstalling, if you have issues, reinstall

16. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    I also get weird frame drops with these drivers in Armored Warfare. Those drops goes away, if I change Power Management mode from "Adaptive" to "Prefer Maximum Performance", so I suspect these driver are a tad to aggressive on the power saving side.

On a side note. There is absolutely no difference performance wise between these drivers and the 353.82 Quadro drivers.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Tried without reinstalling, worked great. That 980Ti is a beast :)

Gah, if they only could fix the damn RAM memory leak too -.- Sorry for repeating myself, but it's annoying.

I read a rumour on the GeForce forum that a hotfix driver will be released, hopefully fixing that.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    That's not a rumor, ManuelG said this on NV's forums prior to 355.60 release.

19. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    win desktop manager broken with this driver

error message when launching games "Witcher 3 has stopped working" so i rolled back to previous driver and voila! it worked. This is not for me.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Oh, that's good news!