1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia 349.90 WDDM 2.0 for Win10 from Microsoft !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Mar 19, 2015.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    fps issues with watch dogs unity can be related to an issue ubisoft uplay

there is some weird debugging issue going on,that shouldnt be going and the software isnt liking it. and its causing fps issues with games.

it could be effecting the ubisoft drm required to run the games.

drm doesnt like debuggers

there are issues going around with ubisoft and supporting a beta operation system.

so the way it looks. it something Microsoft left running in this windows 10 build.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Sounds like piss poor development skill on Ubisofts end. Their games barely run right on stable OS' that have been around for 6 years.

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Hmm, there is something wrong with either my GPU or these drivers.

I sometimes at random get CRAZY black screen blinking for a few seconds. I got it especially when the Intel Ethernet connection was plugged to my laptop.

After that crazy blinking, I'm getting artifacts in Media Player Classic, and a random black screen blink on the desktop also leaves some artifacts.

4. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    does anyone know how to fix clocks not stepping down form p08 to p00? I've never had this problem before with any driver. I'm using 10041+349.90+msi ab.

5. hanschke

hanschke Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 460 SE
    modded inf please :banana:

6. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 crashes in Oculus Rift mode with these drivers.

War Thunder works fine.

7. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I'm experiencing this as well. At first the drivers were great and my GPU would clock down to ~150mhz when idling, now it runs full blast from the moment the computer starts.

8. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    So, use 347.90?

9. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Not sure, it works fine for me but others including one of my friends gets quite a lot bluescreens with them. But on the other side 347.90 doesn't include this dx12 stuff I think.

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Try removing GFE?

I have only Driver + PhysX and everything is fine for me. Just a suggestion :)

11. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Has anyone made some comparative benchmarks between Win8/8.1 and Win10 with the WDDM2.0 driver? Same system and games, just diff OS and drivers?

I'm curious to know if there's any performance improvements in current games, as even though we don't have any DX12 games at the moment, there are optimisations in WDDM 2.0 at the kernel level as well as optimisations in the Nvidia driver to take advantage of WDDM 2.0 which should theoretically see a performance improvement in all current games (give or take engine and workload).

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    If interested, I can do a 347.71 (newest branch) vs 349.90 comparison. However the minor differences might be due to the branch itself, like if 347.71 is a bad branch, and 347.90 is a good one, then they'll have nearly identical scores.
    Perhaps thats why nobody has done a detailed bench yet.

13. NGGJimmy

NGGJimmy Member

GPU:
    STRIX 1060 6GB
    So it's Kepler and above for this driver. Is there any modified ini?

14. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I've seen no improvements in actual games, only in synthetic benchmarks, they are up slightly.

15. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    It did run on a GTX 570 using a modified inf and turned driver sig. off. So it's possible I guess. However he ended up having quite some bluescreens when doing certain things, which might be due the driver itself rather than the modifed inf tho.

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I think it will be couple more month before we see improvements in with directx 12 drivers.

have to wait for them to iron out bugs and such.

17. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Problem is games need to be updated to support DX12. Its faster but other than Star Swarm there is nothing for us to even test this with yet.

18. citrixscu

citrixscu Member

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Did you ever get 5.1 over HDMI working?

19. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Wish I waited to install 10

I don't know what to blame because I just installed Win 10 10041 but something about this sucks many games are unplayable and have fatal errors and you cant alt tab out and then back into valve games like CSS. Not sure if its Win 10 or DX 12(the entire DX new subsystem) or 349.90, but its definitely not time to upgrade(Crysis 3 was flawless as far as I could tell but many of the most popular games even tho they run for a short time will crash out or other errors lots of hanging and freezing as well) I waited at first because no Dx12 then they said it came in an update but I had some crucial browsing and shopping to do then I completed that and now I realize its just not ready. Its frustrating because the Windows Desktop is much faster and pops more instantaneously, even the new start metro works to a large extent, and Windows Audio has received a pleasant upgrade. I'm thinking the new directx is to blame and updating this OS makes me feel like Microsoft actually works very slow. Frankly I think coders are allowed to work too slowly and someone needs to break out whips and shackles to up the 5 lines of code per day avg work rate....... Oh yeah antlion modmic coupon for 35 bucks(using coupon makes modmic free on modmic site) at mad orc instead of 50. Just thought someone would like to know not affiliated with this deal in anyway(don't work for mad orc or antlion or any deal sites) I just shop allot of deals and pass them along if someone else is interested.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  20. michaelj

michaelj Member

I can't start cs:source even .Can you?