1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia 349.90 WDDM 2.0 for Win10 from Microsoft !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by michaelj, Mar 19, 2015.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Can anyone else test audio over HDMI to a home theater system? I can't use anything but Stereo|Quadrophonic. 5.1 and above result in no sound and an error when trying to play the test tone in Windows. Also can anyone else test Borderlands:TPS and see if the issue of having to launch the game multiple times and a crash on exiting the application persists to their machine?

10041|970|349.90

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Tier 3 of resource binding feature is not required by any feature level (i.e. it's pretty much pointless since only GCN chips support it).

Tier 2 of that feature is required for feature level 12_0 though.

Tier 1 of that feature is what's available in 11_1 currently I think.

Maxwell 2 (GM2xx) is feature level 12_1 with Tier 2 support for resource binding feature.

Maxwell 2 is looking like it's going to be the only hardware on the market supporting feature level 12_1.

The upcoming GCN Fiji seems to be limited to 12_0 level support but with tier 3 support for resource binding - which is rather pointless if it'll be the only chip supporting this tier on the market.

I'm not sure that current GCN chips will be able to support 12_0 because for that they need to support typed UAV tier 1. Do they support this? Seems like their support for that is rather limited. But it makes sense for MS to use FL 12_0 as a feature level for GCN since this is what's going into Xbox One console.

I am pretty sure that all Maxwell 1, Kepler and Fermi GPUs won't support anything more than their current feature level of 11_0.

These slides describe this pretty clearly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Yep I saw those slides and the one who posted them said Kepler and Maxwell are both Tier2.

Fermi, Haswell igpu, Boradwell igpu all Tier1. Fermi supports few parts through openCL so its not really Tier2 because its in SW mode, Kepler+ have all that in HW level.

4. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    link doesn't work..always ending up in myfiles folder.

Also modifying 349.90 to run on the 500series (GTX 570 in that case) works fine, however the nvidia control panel is now pretty much empty... Not that worse tho.

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Any chance of another link? This one just takes me to the Homepage.

Thanks in advance!

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Yep, Cyris (wonder why I confuse it with Crysis :p) link doesn't work, any chance of another link?

7. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    @Cyris thanks!

8. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Link is fixed. The 349.90 includes minor bug fixes, as well as 349.72. So now the availability of DX12 is displayed correctly.
    DSR & Custom Resolution problems are known.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    thanks for the info...

10. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    somethings bugged for me rolled back to 347.88, for some reason with this 349.90 driver got only 6fps in ACU or Watch Dogs, with 347.88 im getting 35 and 44 respectively

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    "Tier 2" is an indication of support level for just one feature out of all features DX12 have - resource binding in case of these slides. You can't call a GPU "tier X" since it is quite possible to support some tier of a feature but don't support some other features at all and not be a DX12 GPU at all as a result.

Hence there are feature levels dictating what tier a GPU must support for each feature to be compatible with that level and DX12 have four of them: 11.0 (Fermi, Kepler), 11.1 (some Intel stuff, older GCN maybe), 12.0 (newer Intel GPUs and newer GCN probably; Fiji may actually land here), 12.1 (Maxwell 2 and GCN1.3/Fiji maybe).

I don't think that a feature tier can be supported "in SW". A tier is some peak numbers usually. If your GPU support 64 UAVs then there is no way of making it support more via SW. These features are completely HW.

12. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Anyone tested SLI GTX 780 Ti?
    Is the Vram sum working?

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I can confirm these do indeed fix Battlefield Hardline flickering sand/flashing smoke textures in distance on Dustbowl map.

Also feels smoother too and gained around 6fps with these @ Ultra settings 1080p :p

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

Maxwell is still marked as Tier2 and Fermi is Tier1, Kepler is more advanced and drops in Tier2 too just like Maxwell. And this is only for Tiled resources, not really relevant, like you said.
    https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/...Advantage of DirectX 11.2 Tiled Resources.pdf

^
    As mentioned here, all gpus since dx11 have tiled resources, initial Fermi or AMD 5870/6970 Tier1, newer and future Tier2 - this is mostly only a optimization of Tier1.

Fermi supports few bits, but yes its supported in SW via openCL, its obviously not ideal since it will have higher latency.

Both Kepler and Maxwell have Bindless resources (textures) and Tiled resources (which includes multi resolution shadow maps), Maxwell added extra thing - Voxel GI and conservative raster, ROV. While voxel GI being the most gpu friendly, other two not so much.

So that makes Kepler feature level 12_0 and Maxwell 12_1, still Tier2 but with extra 12_1 features (conservative raster and ROVs).

as in this pic posted by you above...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So, there is no tick in CUDA checkbox in GPUZ, did a clean install of Cyris' 349.90 package. What am I doing wrong?

Is that why SoM is running slow, Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed Unity refuse to launch?

16. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    It´s a GPU-Z Problem, please download the portable (GPU Caps Viewer) and check it.. Cuda should be displayed on the first page..

Is the 3D Vision driver installed, which came along with the package?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Thanks for the tip, and no I never install 3D Vision, should I? I don't use it.

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    benched shadow of mordor.

afterburner stats say gpu mem for both was at around 3220mb with top gpu 88 usage and bottom around 78 usage

max fps 88

average fps 60

lowest 43

watchdogs was a horror.

stuck around 13fps with gpu mem 3100mb on both

19. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Good then, watch dogs and ACUnity don't even launch for me :p

Which is sad, I wanted to test those games.

That said, Far Cry 4 runs good enough. Also weird thing, sometimes the top option, Adjust Image Settings with Preview, if I click on it, it causes a driver BSOD, nvidia driver the culprit. Really strange.

20. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    So acu and watch dogs aren't running for you at all, whats the performance in other games you tested, for me both of them gave 6/7fps for some reason, didn't try anything else and assumed rest of my games would have the same issues, now i am rethinking of installing and testing more games, either way this is still a beta driver as far as i can tell
    Reading other responses, there seems to be some problem with watch dogs and unity so i guess there is some bug with those engines, or do other games display the same issues?