NVIDIA 266.66 Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Adeks, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    sure did :)

2. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Give me a break, he isnt even running hardware thats intended for this driver so what else would you expect to happen? Hilarious thread indeed.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    it was confirmed by a 570gtx user too, he said the same thing with different games.

Yes its hilarious indeed.

4. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    And just like you the gtx 570 owner had no business installing a driver thats not intended for his GPU. Thanks for reconfiriming my original point though.

Yes you are my friend, yes you are. :)

5. smokey163

smokey163 Member

GPU:
    8800ultra 648/1620/972
    seem newer to me the inf and version number newer also different size to 166.58:stewpid:

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm just an old (not really) country boy...and I don't see why they would confuse the carp out of people by issuing a NEW WHQL for one single card if the driver, except for hardware ID, is identical to the previous driver. Why didn't they just add the hardware ID to a new Unified WHQL?

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    i wish i brought popcorn :D

anyway, seems like wont bother with this for now, still using 266.58...

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You can just pretend or share mine....nobody will know....

[​IMG]

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    @HeavyHemi: i would imagine that that is sour and cream flavor :), i wish you could also share your BBQ, looks delishus by the way you eat it :D

10. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I’m not sure I follow.. quadro drivers aren’t intended for my card either but myself and many others have had great success with them, even more so in recent history. I’m sure there are many members here who will confirm that some of the best performing drivers weren’t originally designed or supported for their card. This is one of the reasons there is a drivers section.

You seem to get your panties in a bunch because he took a few minutes to mod the driver so it will run on his card, then report back with his experience... what’s wrong with that, it’s an enthusiast forum.

I’m not trying to give you a hard time, but your post doesn’t make sense to me.

11. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    anyone has links of international version of these?

12. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
  13. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  14. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
  15. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE

16. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    well if you want to test it out you can always edit the info file so that it would install on youre system. :)

17. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    I do not trust all these manual fixes in the drivers as modded too. So I prefer to leave this driver as it is and use a WHQL version for my card

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I think the real issue is people are upset that you are claiming this "new" driver is worse which is spreading a sense of false information when in fact there is nothing "new" about this driver. It was released only for the new 560Ti card. But you come on here and make grandiose claims on how bad it is when in reality it isn't. Now I am going to ask you to use all 5 of your brain cells here and answer me this simple question: Why would Nvidia release a new certified driver-bypassing a beta release right after the release of the new 560Ti card with no mention of any extra changes in there release notes like they do for every single new driver?

Think you can muster the brain power for this Hunter?

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    then tell me this why does most stuff run slower compared to 266.58?

As i said before they took either 266.58 or 266.44 as abase profile and worked their way from there.

If it was 100% same then it would have had that Dirt2 fix too, but it doesn't.

And FYI I made sure that they fixed Dirt2 with 266.58 (it started since first 260.xx) and what now they broke that tweak again in 266.66? yea its clear they're not the same as 266.58.

And as i few times don't make conclusions if you haven't tried this driver.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    To ALL:

There's a serious offset of people grouping up and attacking each other lately. Please stop that right here and right now. The first users already have been banned.

Keep your discussions to the point, keep it serious and most of all treat each other with respect. The staff will be upping it a notch when it comes to trolling, flaming and attacking each other.

Less infractions will be handed out, more instant bans will be the policy.

Guys, keep it civil. Remember we are all in here to share thoughts on the same passion, the passion for computer gear and hardware. So why go at each others throat, it makes no sense.

Thanks.