1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA 257.15 Beta out for grabs

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chinobino, May 24, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

197 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

37 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

32 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980 Ti WF

i new u be around some were ty m8 hmm ask i seem to get can have another 470 to sli my cards cyber while u here

:):banana::banana::banana:

wicked drivers thow really do feel like we going to right way

2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Schweet, good to hear how my card will perform, that's great about the min frames, the average is fine, but the min frames sucked

3. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    ok just installed, but got mad flickering in the Unigine Tropics benchmark........Unigine sanctuary ran fine with ok framerate....

still have yet to test other Sh*t out.. will report more later.

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Some DX8 games are now broken with this driver Expected actually

Not Properlly being rendered or not at all

5. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Team Fortress 2 is still broken with 480/470 SLi.

6. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX570 oc'd
    all games run better than before except TF2, massive fps drop during intense fight. totally unplayable.

7. [ODB]

[ODB] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800 GT ULTIMATE SLI
    these drivers are ok

8. civato

civato Master Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    My Vantage score went down with 600Pts , but that's ok , I don't care about that.
    Did a benchmark run on dirt 2 and the performance gain is good with this new driver.
    Settings are 1920x1200 all max-out (dx9) x16.

driver 197.45 = min_fps="75.523964" average_fps="93.060394"

driver 257.15 = min_fps="93.139069" average_fps="110.702728"

Sli GTX280 , no stuttering everthing runs smooth.

9. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 460 GTX
    This driver is a keeper for me. No more flickering in BC2 while standing in deep shadows, that i had with 197.45's

10. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Tri-sli gtx280s on Vistax64 here. Major microstuttering with SLI enabled with these drivers.

Going back to 197.45

Shame. I really like the new sli/physx control panel. Having the ability to choose between 2way and 3 way sli while dedicating a single card to physx is nice. It even lets you choose which order to sli.

Guess I have to hope the microstuttering is fixed in a upcoming release.

EDIT

Confirmed hardware fan speed polling is causing my tri-sli gtx280 micro stuttering. (Thanks to a couple posts later in this thread)

Was able to reinstall the new drivers, disable EVGA precision fan speed polling while keeping fan speeds manually controlled at 100% without microstuttering.

Last edited: May 25, 2010

11. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Master Guru

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    im getting very noticeable gains in crysis engine (mechwarrior mod) and BC2 ..i havent had gains like this for many a driver :D

also, for any1 else getting frame skipping in BC2 with this driver and evga precision:

Thanks Unwinder :)

ie. when i just monitor GPU1 Temp, GPU_FAN 1, and GPU1 Clock = no more frame skipping :)

12. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
    downloading as I speak. currently running 196.21s to get some frames outta bad company 2. hopefully they boost some fps for me as all the others.

13. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Some sort of binary database file.

See here.

14. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760 SC
    w00t (for w00nce!)

Amazingly, 257.15 is the best driver for me since 186.18 back on XP-x32! (On Win7-x64 now, of course.)

Of what I tried so far: Left 4 Dead 2 and Unreal Tournament 3 perform great compared to previous drivers, actually smooth and none of the "microstuttering" some people are unfortunately getting (and that I would seem to sometimes get with 197.45 and earlier). Team Fortress 2 feels about the same to me.

Just hoping this one is more stable than 197.45 was, where that would sometimes do that "stopped responding and was successfully restarted" crap after being in a game a few hours (and which would always crash the game where I couldn't get back to the desktop nor exit Windows blindly and have to hit the old reset button).

5/25 7pm update: hmmm I just booted up (from a maintenance reboot) and the first thing I ran after a minute or so was Windows Live Messenger, and the screen went black for several seconds -- got a "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" for some reason!!! LOL

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  15. R3nZiO

R3nZiO New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia GTX280 1GB
    horrific cursor flickering in World of Warcraft with these drivers for no apparent reason. also dont like that you cant just simply turn the damn physx garbage OFF, not cpu or gpu, turn it OFF. horrible drivers at least for gtx280.
    goin back to latest WHQL, no problems with those.

probably why these drivers are beta, serves me right for even bothering.

16. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti
    not neccasarily m8, especialy if you use the same point on the same map in the same mission on the same game for testing purposes and know full well that there is a major slowdown that occurs during a test that was clearly visible before and now is 'smoother' as the frames are more consistant, or without the major drop at that point, thus seeming 'smoother' , not neccasarily placebo affect at all :)

17. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 660 2GB
    i tried installing 10.02.22_9.10.0222 or other older versions it does not work in hardware mode.rolling back driver to 196.21 the physx works properly.

18. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I hope that isn't the case for everyone, I have quite a few DX8 games waiting to be installed. With nhancer not working though, I am waiting anyway.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Nvidia betas can be just as good or better than WHQL at times. Look at the poll results and see how favorable this driver has been received. However, I think most of the benefits are for fermi owners and I believe is the major reason for this drivers release. So far performing quite well with my 275 though.

20. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Well in general the new drivers work really well.

Allthough they do NOT like tabbing out of "Star Trek Online" in full-screen mode.
    If i do that the bloom effects and weapons textures become all wonky when i go back into full-screen.