Nvidia 196.21 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by t1nsoldier, Jan 19, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

74 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

70 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    auto fan control does work in msi afterburner, played mw2 for half hour and all is fine, css fps same as 195.81

2. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    Installed, no shader clocks, no OC, no fan control, not working evga precsicion, riva tuner, msi afterburner, and nvdia syatem tools for OC'ing... waiting for explanations from Nvidia :) and of course new driver or some sort of patch...
    Got back to modified 195.62 :) now THAT i call a proper fantastic driver :) (the 195.62 modified)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I've always used nVidia System Tools for OClocking but the clocks don't show for my card (295GTX) they're just blank so not sure what's going on. Also, previous versions would always show your clocks in system information but nothing shows there either.

4. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    I have just installed and tested. Shader clock is blank on the EVGA Precision but on my logitech lcd screen is shown correctly for some reason. Also I have tried three games and on exit the memory clock have gone down as intended. The fan is also working. I suppose the only problem is that you cant OC cause of shader clock bug.
    For the guy that asked about STO it seems to work better than the 195.81 but only with AA disabled, and shadow and bloom quality to low. Everything else on high. This seems to be the only setup that is playble on me (and on Champions Online as well).

5. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    How could they release a driver like this and it's whql too.Drivers keep getting worse :(
    Vegetation doesn't flicker anymore,the clouds do and stutters like hell!!

6. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    because codemaster still needs to release patch. You could make both gpu runing with custom sli profile before 196.21 as well, but with no preformance gains. What nVidia did is just added profile, now its up to codemaster to release patch. So ye GL. They will release patch that fixes major issue months after game release when most of people that affect them will already got bored of the game.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    is that all, I got 5.5mb

8. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    Dirt 2 SLI works now have a better 50fps, Star Trek Online no stutter in the on foot sections, For me at least these are the best drivers I have had since 186.18's on XP and better them went from a B to A rating in Resi 5 peaking around 90fps but on average on the benchmarks I run 10-15fps boost which isn't bad for my set-up.

EVGA no OC but can still set fan speeds which is fine for me but I'm sure they will sort that soon enough. Overall very good drivers and images look much sharper and more vibrant with the same settings as my old set but for Win 7 these are the best so far.

BTW I'm new to posting but have been reading the forums and articles for years.

Also my res is 1600x900 always bench max settings and AA.

9. mapel110

mapel110 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Gigabyte OC
    I already got these SLI profiles with 195.81.

Mortal Online, Ninja Blade <-- these were the only new one I found.

/edit
    3DMark06 runs fine here. GTX260/Win7-64

10. alexandrebr

alexandrebr New Member

Does anyone have a solution for shader clock control?

11. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    performance seems to be a lot higher in avatar the game with these drivers for me.

12. spike21

spike21 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970CF 16@2133mhz
  13. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I was wondering too... Does anyone know a reg trick or something to solve this???

14. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fixed this and no working oc , fan control and other fix. Drivers release soon , guru3d delete section for modded drivers.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    finally :)

16. t1nsoldier

t1nsoldier Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX580 sli
    Not sure why it is not working for you Marlec but sli visual indicators in control panel are indicating sli is working and Riva tuner reports both temps on graphics cards are being used.
    That and the fact my frame rates have significantly increased.
    Definite sli improvement for me here in Dirt 2.

17. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
  18. coksakinol

coksakinol New Member

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970 Black EX OC
    196.21 driver was removed from Nvidia Site's...

19. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    LOL. Imagine that.

I knew that was coming. Big driver released hosed up without proper clock control. Hopefully only a day wait until they fix it.

/edit: I'm still able to pull them they must be in the process of yanking them.

20. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    Every time a driver gets released there's a whole bunch of girls who whine on about broken overclock/fan control.

Seriously, get nibitor and flash your clocks/fan IC settings into your bios directly.

Then you'll NEVER have to worry about it ever again.

That and don't waste your time on Nvidia's latest drivers which have been **** for over a year as the driver team is obviously working hard on FERMI and not the old gen.