Nvidia 196.21 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by t1nsoldier, Jan 19, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

74 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

70 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Um, they are beta drivers and not official WHQL drivers. I never use Beta drivers anymore from nvidia, only from ATI. ATI drivers seems to function better over Nvidia. So i only stick with the official whql from nvidia. :)

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'd say you're pretty much alone with that attitude but ok, it's your choice. Personally I have had more luck with beta drivers from Nvidia than WHQL, the "real" problems hit me mostly when I was using a WHQL driver (like the actual 196.75 with the driver bug).
    I'd also never buy an ATI card unless the constant problems with their drivers disappeared for at least a year. Too many games come out that don't work right with ATI, doesn't work out for me.

3. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    That's funny as the offical WHQL drivers recently released fried many peoples cards , yeh official is always grand! :3eyes::3eyes:

p.s MS WHQL Certificate - 196.86 They are NOT beta

4. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Well Radical_53: & PirateNelisouth just goes to show you, that people have different problems from one another, because of what we use. Radical i never had any problem with games from ATI, well i did in the past using those Suck ass PCI cards, but ever switching to PCIE with ATI, i never had any issues with games, nor from nvidia. But i have notice that using beta nvidia drivers causing issues with games on my end of hardware.

Anyways, i will try out the 196.86 because they are WHQL, thanks PirateNelisouth :)

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    There were numerous games for the last couple of years that for example didn't even start with ATI hardware. Many of these problems were related to drivers and had nothing to do with the game or the hardware itself. GTA 4 was a very prominent one for example.

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    You're welcome :nerd::)