Nvidia 196.21 WHQL Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by t1nsoldier, Jan 19, 2010.

?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

79 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

74 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

70 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Drivers work fine, aside from the shader clocks issues mentioned above (not showing in monitoring software.) I don't OC so I am not really bothered, and since these apps tend to share a common codebase (at least Precision/Rivatuner) I'm sure it's just about waiting for an update. Certainly not the first time a driver release 'broke' current RivaTuner support.

2. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    The huge differences in min/max is probably microstuttering, it may be minimal to the point were you will not notice it. With the 191.07's crysis wars / warhead runs very smooth and with previous drivers I did not have any issues.

I did notice that despite the stuttering with the 195's the image quality was better and also when the game was not stuttering I had better FPS then the 191.07s.

I tried multiple setting changes in all the 195's and nothing helped the stuttering issues.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    no stutter here in crysis or warhead. but i do notice what seems to be inputlag, i dont know the mouse feels kind of late responding. on crysis but not on warhead.

anyoneelse notice in some game profiles like COD games you cannot select to override AA settings. you can only see(aplication controlled and enhance aplication setting)

and atleast in MW2 setting AA to 16x and enhance aplication setting makes no difference in game.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. KingK76

KingK76 Member Guru

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Wow if I were the recipient of that post I wouldn't be showing my face in these parts for quite a while. Chipsy you the man. :thumbup:

5. KingK76

KingK76 Member Guru

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    You sound like a real douche man. Stop trying to make the guy sound like "HE'S" the fool. My perception from reading this back and forth is that he knows what he is doing and you can't live with the fact that he hasn't shared your opinion. Grow up and stop with the 'oh you just don't get it silly child' act. You just come off looking like a douche.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The mods won't take kindly to continuing a flame fest. Particularly when you're not originally involved. What's the point? Just a friendly critique.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    tried the new drivers on my GTX260, same as the previous drivers, don't like em plus the same problem with hitching in FO3 and FEAR Combat is not fixed (nvidia says its fixed in the previous drivers) but the previous set and this one still suffers from the same issue, back to the 186.18 whql best drivers ever. :D

my os is W7 Professional x64.

my previous 4870X2 ran 100% stable from day 1 for over 1.5 years, now i'm a proud owner of the 5970x2 and it runs superbly, my monitor's res is 1920x1080 and when i had the 4870 i had a 19" widescreen 1440x900 native.

either i'm just lucky or i don't know, so i'm sorry but i do not agree with your advice... however i've never had SLi (just crossfire) so i cannot comment on that. ;)

8. bloowhalez

bloowhalez Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270
    i fixed the hitching in fallout that was due to 19x.xx's by reinstalling my drivers clean with driver sweeper. before sweeper it hitched.

also once it had another hitch that was solved by reinstalling creative sound drivers (driver sweeper'ed that too).

remember to uninstall from programs, restart, driver sweep, restart, then install

edit: sorry about the flame war

edit: i still would like SLI in a sub-topic

9. chomp

chomp Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GF FX 5900 Ultra Ultra/1600XP Golden Samp
    Empire total war - all vegitation and cities still vanish when shader is set to 3.

10. R0achTheWarHero

R0achTheWarHero Banned

GPU:
    55nm 260gtx 750/1511/2406
    My card sits in 3d clocks 24/7 with this driver, besides that don't see anything wrong yet. Unless GPU-Z is reporting the clocks wrong.

I went from 186.82 to these and the mouse does feel different with these drivers. I think the one guy might be right about them causing increased input lag.

11. R0achTheWarHero

R0achTheWarHero Banned

GPU:
    55nm 260gtx 750/1511/2406
    Gonna take a wild guess and say it's probably because you're using a geforce 5. I'd be using a much earlier driver if I was you: 182.50, 185.85, 186.18, 186.82 or 186.91

12. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Till they are patched are broken. Nvidia change some variables they use. Fan controls work but OC is no longer possible.

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Afterburner Beta works.

14. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Oh nice can you post link to it. I love afterburner control most need without all the extras. Using AB 1.4.0 and also running over to MSI site to see if they have a patch for D.O.T..

If you want PM that link to me and thanks.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    So Shader Buttons are still not going? So oc still not works with these!? Damn it. So i stick to 195.62.

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I guess you didn't read my warning (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3429435&postcount=212) a few posts above yours, Memorian.

Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with this driver and are obviously off topic flaming.
    Insulting someone and getting involved in a off topic discussion although I asked to stop this behavior a few posts earlier isn't very smart either, KingK76.
    I specifically asked you and SuperBill to stop these arguments and the off topic discussion.

This is my final warning guys.

Anything more of the above and I'll you'll have to live with the consequences - and don't come crying to me afterwards.

Now get your **** together and stay on topic!!!

17. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Back to the 181.20 with my PNY 9800GT. Its really the best driver i have use for this card. These 190's drivers are weird acting, the 195.62 works pretty good, but all this other stuff is horrible imo. Guess it just depends on what card you have, so its back with the 181.20 and i am sticking with these

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Afterburner 1.5.0 Beta 5 (2010-1-21)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=313795

19. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    great drivers for Win 7 x64, no issues yet

20. cliffgamerz