Nvidia 190.56 beta drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by powerspec, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Pike79

Pike79 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX480 Amp!
    Ok! Downclocking works for me! :banana:

2. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    damn!!! how the f**k did i just know that there would be another beta released exactly the moment when i installed the 190.40 to test :bang: what were they thinking? anyway, at least they will keep me busy testing drivers, so... ok gonna give them a try ;)

3. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    I get this senseless up-down clocking like with the 190.38 and my card is getting hotter even when idling. 55° with 186.xx and 60° with these. While gaming temperatures rise more also. Vantage has about the same score as before.

4. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    these work better on my system, my 260 downclocks properly, aero now runs in 2d mode, which is a change, folding wise my ppd has gone up 200 points :D

5. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Overall these drivers performed the same as the 190.40's

I did get 500 marks higher and broke 17K marks with 3DMarks06

Anti-aliasing performance is still amazing with these drivers, L4D with 16xAA and no framerate drops

UT3 performs perfectly, 60FPS locked compaired to older drivers

Bionic Commando framerates are slightly higher, by about 4FPS with these drivers

TF2 framerates are still top end, playing a 32 player match I was 60FPS locked the whole time with 16xAA on

These drivers don't include Stereoscopic 3D (Good) or PhysX, so I had to install PhysX manually

Overall, better then the 190.40's, but not by like, amazing leaps and bounds

6. MisterGeese

MisterGeese Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS-GTX 980TI
    I installed these 190 instead of my old 185 series.
    On windows 7 performance test jump from 6.4 to 7.0 and 3dmark 06 jump from 16377 to 16411.

Keepers for benches, have to test ingame now. :nerd:

7. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    some comparison to the 190.40`s
    all tests were made with a resolution of 1920/1200, 16af & 8aa

-fc2- avg. went up by 3fps (that is about 10% in my case) with the min. fps up by 1 fps and the max fps up by almost 5fps
    -sf4- showing no improvement at all, avg. went up by less than 1 fps
    -re5- there must have been a failure in my testing. cause this one was showing a very high improvement of almost 11fps?! what the heck?? i`m pretty sure i´ve made a mistake there or else this would mean an improvement of about 31%
    so anyway these drivers seem to work stable and are keepers for me....
    till the next beta release :)

8. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    The 190 series drivers in general are garbage - For many 182.50 is the most stable and smooth across most games. This new 190 set of drivers doesn't have much - I don't get why some people see improvements, it's not the drivers - this new one adds OpenGL 3.2 support, it's a dev driver, and to be honest it is a waste of time, what game have you played that requirse OpenGL3, esactly - as to performance the 190 series have stuttering and not as smooth as 182 - it's best to have a slightly lower FPS but smooth and constant than higher rate and issues.

these new ones are utter trash - It seems anything past the 186.18 is garbage.

Back to 182.50 because anyway there is a new beta coming out shortly and I am sick and tired of seeing NVIDIA go downhill like this for the last bucketfull of beta drivers.
    In the past we would see consistent improvements, not anymore. if they can't produce a DECENT driver that takes full advantage of your GPU, that you PAID for, and works well across all games, then they truely suck major arse........!
    and people who rely on those bloody benchmarks should look at real world applications - benchmarks can be misleading - bench your games instead you will get a cleaner picture.

9. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    Lets test if they fix AA problem in profiles.

10. yleclerc

yleclerc Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1660 6GB

11. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    This driver gives me BSOD in Brothers in Arms: Road to hill 30!! what a crap!

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    No problems so far, slightly faster then the 190.38. So far so good!

13. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896

Dev drivers are usually both high quality, and stable.
    If you haven't actually tried this specific kit yet, its best if you don't post.
    Alternatively, if you did try this set, and didn't follow nvidia's driver update directions, then the problems could be for a whole world of reasons.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  14. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Are these for mobile GPU's as well?

If so has anyone tested with 9800M GT or 9800M GTX?
    :givebeer:

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    So .. how it looks for Fallout3? :)

16. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    RT Not allowing OC with htis drivers
    ill hope the final relese will allow this (Vista X64 Drivers)

17. donga

donga New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX295
    Dude. No driver will fix your problem, It wont be your driver that is the problem. If it was a driver related problem, more people would have the same problem! Its only you mate!
    Have you tryed looking at what your motherboard is doing to your fan speed? Or have you tryed giving your GPU to someone else to try? Have you tryed another GPU?
    No point having a go at the driver developers, for not fixing it.

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is this the nVidia driver install hints you where referring too? Cause if it is its not very insightful.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

I have heard people tell me to just install over the old ones, others here say to uninstall, driver clean in safe mode and then install the new drivers, and to tell you the truth I haven't seen any difference doing it ether way?!

You would think there would be a link on nVidias site telling exactly how to do it one way or the other? or have I just missed it?

19. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    when the heck did they change that >.<

The site used to tell you to uninstall the current drivers prior to installing new drivers.

Anyway, my recommendation.
    Overinstalling is fine within the same series of drivers, but a major version jump (181-185 are minor jumps) where new functions and features are added is nearly always best off having the previous drivers removed first.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I agree,

Trying to point out, way to many post here lately, that point a finger at the poor soul who has problems when its not always clear even from nVidias view point that there is a correct way to install them.