Nvidia 190.56 beta drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by powerspec, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Win7 7600 32bit.

Only really played sf4, but, no problems so far. No crashes/bsod here.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I have a 46inch Samsung LCD, and it also has a "special" input for PC's and its also VGA, it's there for older graphics cards that didn't have DVI/HDMI output, nothing special about it.
    I've tryed both, and VGA is very soft, and loses a noticable amount of detail compared to DVI.
    If you are getting better quality from VGA then there is something wrong with your TV or its of low quality, as with LCD TV's you should always use digital, VGA is for CRT's.

Just noticed something with this driver i hadn't before, the HDMI audio enabled or disabled thing, also noticed i get flickering if i set it to 24hz, but not if i set it to 23hz.

3. H0PE

H0PE Guest

Ok guys,

Take my comment seriously. I've tried almost _ALL_ drivers in the last one year. So far this is (and windows 7) is the fastest working with World of Warcraft for me WITHOUTH ANY ISSUES (there are lot of issues with the graph, freezes sli glitches with WoW and Nvidia drivers since Wrath of the Lich King)...

This is VERY surprising, I wasn't expected anything like this. In Dalaran (buggy and slow as hell area in-game, top notch systems pulling around 20fps on highest graph and high res)... I got 40fps just earlier (though its not that crowded yet I'm curious about the speed after the evening when hundreds of people running around).

I can only recommend this driver...

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    "Good" to know that it's still broken. I don't have to waste time with these then. One good thing is that non-beta 190 series driver ****ed up* my refresh rate setting so that my monitor can only use 75Hz at 1440x900 which means DX10 games that do not have refresh rate changing method (or are just poorly coded) are working at 75Hz now. It does make things smoother.

*Good thing, actually.

5. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    WoW is entirely cpu dependant. so if the driver takes some work off the cpu, then of course it will be better.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I been trying alot more games over the weekend with these drivers Still going strong with these. I def keeping them. Too bad alot of you guys are having issues with these drivers.

7. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    some classics don't work ... return to castle wolfenstein forex... :D works fine with 182.50...

8. Thorn2008

Thorn2008 New Member

GPU:
    Asus ENGTX285 1GB
    If you have HDR enabled in your options for FO3 try disabling AA, it worked for me, no more crashes at all! Oblivion used to suffer from the same issue!

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just installed RTCW and patched it to v. 1.41b
    Runs fine in MP mode on my Windows 7 with the 190.56 .
    I can't get it to run in SP mode though, wonder if there is a trick to get that to work too on Windows 7.

10. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    for me they both just won't start in vx64sp2 with this driver ... I've got the goty ed. (1.33+1.4 lite patch) ... oh well... maybe next driver... time for a fresh rev anyway ;)

11. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    why im I going to disable eyecandy when the older drivers work great with all that eyecandy?

12. Thorn2008

Thorn2008 New Member

GPU:
    Asus ENGTX285 1GB
    Because maybe you don't NEED AA on if you are playing in high resolutions, AND you will get better FPS?

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    But gets got the most power video card in the world why would he want the eye candy off lol.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    How did you get it to run in SP on older drivers?
    I tried different compatible modes, but it keeps complaining over missing default.cfg.
    I used 1.4 full patch, 1.4 to 1.41, and 1.41b

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No AA = jagged edges

HDR is designed for more realistic lighting effects.
    Antialiasing is for smoothing out edges.

You can do HDR and force AA, not all games will look good with it, depends on how the HDR part is implemented.
    Sadly full HDR and AA seems impossible on a Nvidia card, so its to chose what you prefer.
    So far I only seen some ATI card supporting both things fully.

16. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    Mmm I just installed rtcw goty ed. (1.33) from cd and it ran straight away with the 182.50 installed even without patching, however I did not install it in default location, but on e:\games ... also I have uac disabled, because sometimes when playing classics conflicts with uac arise if the game tries to write to files (like config files!!!) in the %program files% directory or other protected folders, the game could have never known about at the time of conception.

to get back from 190.56 to 182.50 I just uninstalled, rebooted in safe mode and removed all nvidia and physx remains with driversweeper, the rebooted in to normal mode and installed the older driver... an other reboot seemed to be needed after the install, and was executed.

17. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    uac only interferes with apps installed to program files on the system drive, if the app creates profiles in its own folder, and hasn't been launched with admin elevation.

18. Darkangelknight

Darkangelknight New Member

GPU:
    Palit Gtx 260 216 / 1792
    Yep they work fine as hell.
    i had problem with my palit gtx 260 and i used driver sweep and installed theese ones. along with riva tuner my card now does not downcloak on 2d and all is ok atm, will update if anything weird happens.

Windows xp 32 bit that is.

19. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660S Gaming X
    I agree same f***ing luck here...

20. calebMaster

calebMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970 1125/1500
    This driver sounds really crappy, going by the soap opera on the first 4 pages :p im gonna hold out on this beta.

anyways im still rockin with my 186.18 no problems.. alls well :)

GTX285 SLI , fans working great and OC's very nicely

all my games run flawlessly from L4D all the way back to BF2

-Caleb