NVIDIA 177.83 WHQL Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Azhrei, Aug 12, 2008.

1. simo2k

simo2k Active Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 780ti sc
    second that its the best driver ive used so far for my gtx280 last version was giving me bsods and crashing now perfect am well happy..

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm not sure if this is related to the clock speeds or anything, however in CoD4 with these and the previous drivers (.79s) my CoD4 drops in framerate (from 100+ to about 10~) for a second, then goes back causing a serious hiccup and quick freeze. Drivers before those 2 worked fine. This is with the 280. Haven't really noticed this in any other game, however lately I haven't really played anything other then CoD4. Anyone else getting this? What could be causing this?

3. ereetos

ereetos Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLi
    Drivers installed fine on my system running 9800GX2.

Process I used:
    Right click Video card in Device Manager ---> Uninstall + Delete driver from my system
    Rebooted to safe mode ---> Ran driver sweeper / cleaned Nvidia video driver remnants
    Rebooted Normal mode ---> Ran installer, after 2 min my drivers and PhsyX had been updated
    Rebooted.

Cha-ching!

Make sure you have LATEST DX9 (august) installed, even if you are on Vista.

I had some problems in the past since my vista install only had DX10, and part of DX9, but not the full blown DX9 SDK and files...

4. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    All games I've tried are running fine with these drivers. However there seem to be some conflicts with Creative sound drivers for me. sound breaking up then causing lag in games.

5. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Does this happen on SP or MP maps on Local Server?

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Are you using the latest Creative drivers (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi 2.18.0004)?

Try the previous Creative version (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi 2.15.0006). The issue should be gone now. ;)

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    anyone know if this has issues with Grid like the previous beta drivers?

8. digital demon

digital demon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    The UT3 PhysX maps are running like absolute crap after installing these drivers...from max 62 FPS to ~20.

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    So far Grid is running fine on my system. :thumbup:

10. ppphf whatever

ppphf whatever New Member

GPU:
    2x Geforce 9600 GT
    why is it that every driver I install for vista 32 it drops my FPS to almost non-playable? I've spent hours searching these forums for an answer.

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    where can you get the physx drivers seperatly? all i see at NV is 8.06.12 june 25/08. and after reading this thread i want to try the latest physx drivers with 177.79 before i atke the leap and install 177.83

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Haven't touched SP or LAN in a while, it's all in MP online. I know it's the framerates because I have the FPS display on and I watch it drop down quickly at certain random times with these drivers. Other drivers don't cause this.

13. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  14. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Also if you tried to install the full 177.83 display driver which includes physx, the Physx driver is extracted into the Nvidia/177.83 folder.

- edit

Anyone experiencing crashes with games that use latest SecuROM (Grid, Mass Effect, Kanes Wrath etc) or getting right click crash with explorer in Vista, may want to check that it isn't a SecuROM problem.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2807382#post2807382

This bug could effect other SecuROM games also.

- Another tip, update your codecs if you get crashes at cut scenes.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  15. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Yes I am using 2.18.0004. I'll give the older ones a go. Thanks for the heads up on this :)

16. junx

junx Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    3dmark vantage physics test would not load at all. all physX games load more than 1 minute, i wonder if its normal

17. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    i don't have any crash whatsoever but the phsyx test using fluidtest only showing a black blank screen and after awhile the score came out. ??

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I have been getting tons of BSOD's and lots of freezing. Also Grid drops in fps in locations of donnington that it shouldn't. I turned of Hardware phyisX support and it went back to normal. I think I will be reverting back to 177.73

19. nicklesss

nicklesss Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 / EK-FC480
    There is something wrong in this driver. I've installed fresh new copy of Vista x64 SP1 and separately 177.83 and PhysX 8.08.01, but I get this error again when I start CPU2 test in Vantage.
    [​IMG]
    Then I've tried with 177.73 / PhysX 8.08.01, 177.73 / PhysX 8.07.18, 177.73 / PhysX 8.06.12, there is no errors.

20. junx

junx Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    i solved my vantage not running problem by manually uninstall physX and nvidia driver, and reinstall again.
    it seems that intalling the new physX over the previous version caused error on my machine =/