Nvidia 1650 MAX-Q drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hi,

Long time no see. hope you all doing fine.

Bought a new laptop , MSI Prestige 14 A10SC,

Last year i asked same question for this laptop

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-1050-max-q-drivers.424637/#post-5622902

Again same issue. Cant install lates drivers. Geforce Exp. saying i have latest but i have 431.90.

whatever i download from nvidia web site , and even guru3d, installation file cant find proper hardware. Please help me about this.

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Did you try the modified .inf for the driver you wish to install you can usually find over at LaptopVideo2Go forums? As far as I remember, they usually add unsupported laptop video cards to drivers with it.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this laptop is provided drivers by MSI only.

4. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Hi

I had similar problem with my own business laptop msi ps63 8rc also from prestige line but 15" and 1050maxq

There are almost no standard drivers that will work with those maxq line, but I have found that I can force instaling dch drivers via device manager and choosing for example gtx 1050 from The list od gpus.

I know that it is not recomended way of instaling dch but it just works.

Just installed dch drivers 450.12 this way by Force instaling and choosing gtx1050 from the list instead of looking for 1050 maxq.

So try Force instal gtx1650 from dch package instead of looking for maxq 1650

Even now thinking of reflashing this maxq s*** with normal mobile gtx1050 vbios to avoid this

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmmm. okay then. thank you guys.