Nvida G92 (9800GTX/GTS) News

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Raven^, Jul 20, 2007.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    man i'm ready for new cards any time they want to put them on the market lol
    i want two low high-end with low memory crap ones.

and o.t i never upgrade for games

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    So does that mean people with regular PCI-E won't be able to run a G92?

3. most leftist 69

most leftist 69 Master Guru

GPU:
    evga nv 8800 gt 700/1750/1680
    they aren't going to leave pci-e 1.1 out.

are there even any boards out that have a 2.0 slot?

i'm already kind of pissed about it being 3X faster than the g80.

image quality is the concern, imo.

wattage/heat is the 2nd concern, imo.

speed is no concern imo.

4. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Too many cards and too many drivers. Too much coding for everything, and the pc problem.

We are all in agreement that competition helps to lower prices etc.

But does it really help performance wise, i think not.

Imagine, just Nvidia Hardware, and that was all devs had to worry about, I think the performance in all games would outweigh the cost.

Watch the video below.

Thats on a ps3.

Its not a hd vid.

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/heavenly-sword-video-40611.htmlDorg.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=gLE

I'm guessing to run that decently and at a nice rez, you'd need a 8800gts-gtx,etc. on pc, just because of the overhead with pc games.

5. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    :smoke: Only those with deep pockets are going to be able to afford the new cards, AMD has nothing available that will cause a price war...and regardless of the stated price point, no one is going to sell them at that price , they always jack the price well above the suggested retail ....Also unless the GTX really sucks in upcoming DX10 titles there will be no rush to buy....I may find them worth buying when I do my normal upgrade late next year, maybe by then the price will drop to affordable levels, but not sooner...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  6. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    Only those with deep pockets are going to be able to afford the new cards, AMD has nothing to available that will cause a price war...and regardless of the stated price point, no one is going to sell them at that price , they always jack the price well above the suggested retail ....Also unless the GTX really sucks in upcoming DX10 titles (which I seriously doubt) there will be no rush to buy....I may find them worth buying when I do my upgrade late next year, but not sooner...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I doubt it, nvidia had no competition with the G80 and the prices were fine. Hell, they even got subpoenaed (sp?) for price fixing this year. For me I bought both my 8800GTX's back in november, spending another $600 this november would probably be worth it.

Also if anything, atleast the G80 is proof that Nvidia does spend it's money towards R&D, 450 Million is a pretty penny.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Meh id be more excited about the 9 series if i did gaming beyond 1680x1050...

Before this rig i gamed on 1280x1024 for what seemed ages. I like my 1680x1050 so my 8800 Ultra has a lot of life left in it. :smoke:

9. TheWheelman

TheWheelman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus96GT512 700/1800/1100
    Oh come on, man.
    That's pushing it.
    The bus isn't slowing you down.
    :puke3:

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    LOL calm down peps this G92 is only going to be a mid range gpu, here is a quote from V*-zone
    Posted - june 28, 2007
    We heard about an upcoming GPU from NVIDIA on 256-bit memory interface earlier this month and we thought it is the rumored 256-bit version of G84. Now we learned that it is actually the next generation G92, a 65nm performance part supporting PCI Express 2.0 and 256-bit memory interface. G92 performance lies between GeForce 8800 GTS and 8600 GTS so it is not the highest end GPU from the G9x series yet. There might be a G90 which we haven't heard about yet and NVIDIA gave clues that their next generation GPU will deliver close to 1 TFlops of performance in a recent analyst conference. G9x could support Double Precision FP too. Sampling will start in September and slated for launch in November timeframe.

11. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    NM, guess I will wait and see.

12. to be honest guys, im sick of this crap that the likes of Nvidia and ATi pull. The G80 series has been out for what? 5 months? and theres already talk of a G90 card??? I think they have us taken in...hook, line and sinker.

13. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Well if they drop the prices of the 8600gt/gts's and place these cards in that price range cause these cards never met what they were suppost to and that is match the performance of the 7800/7900 series cards and nvidia know that. So i wouldn't be suprised if nvidia pushes the 8600 series down to low budget (basically under $100) for the release of these newer cards to force ati to come up with something to challenge it.

14. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    only a fool get taken by nvidia and ati new gfx card greed.

15. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    i thought they had not used all the bandwidth of the agp platform ? , never mind using all the bandwidth of pci-express

16. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    The G80 was released over 9 months ago so there is no doubt that their next gen. card wil be available before Christmas this year.

17. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    lol and i just ordered my 8800 gts.

who cares, at least i get to play bioshock at max setts come august!

I'll have money saved by xmas for another overhaul.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    As far as I know it should be compatible with current PCI-e motherboards. Anyway I usually always skip one generation or keep waiting when there's 3x performance boost over older generation. This might be similar performance boost what we saw with NV40.

19. cool1

cool1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 260 216CORE OC ED
    i have started saving money myself for the 1 Teraflop monster hope i would collect enough money

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    im more concerned with getting a CPU that can accomedate the card's i already have. hopefully my SLi setup will last a little longer ;) the G90 doe's sound like a potential beast thou. wonder how G80 SLi will hold up against a single G90 ...