Nvida G92 (9800GTX/GTS) News

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Raven^, Jul 20, 2007.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Thats its so tru bro , you are right on that one :) look at how badly coded DiRT its for example.

2. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Woohoo ,lets spend another $700 on a freaking videocard and play Crysis at 143235324 FPS !!! (8800GTX owners) :puke3:

It's all good.... I'm going to sleep.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Dont forget to take your antidepresion pills before going to bed :p

4. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Still pleased with my 8800 Ultra.

5. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

google Nvidia G92

sounds midrange

well, as of now.

6. ajua

ajua Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    if only companies slow down the tech rush and game developer find time to optimize code and implement all dx10 features...
    i dont think this will happen in the near feature as it seems that a race to bring the fastest and biggest gfx cards is the only reason that drives nvidia and amd.

they have to STOP for a time in order to developer to catch up with hardware.

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    not really, developers can optimize there games if they want to, like Ubisoft did to Splinter cell 3 for pc. it was the first game to use SM 3.0. from nvidia and ran good too. all developers are doing today is rushing un fhinish games for pc and not even using the hardware power to run the game better. Duel core came like like 1 or 2 days ago and only a few games run on duel core and not only that even games use duel core like crap since the game was not optimize.

Overlord i am seeing is a 100% xbox 360 port with duel core support and run great on my pc at 30fps to 25fps since the game is lock at 30fps and still that how u do a right port. Dirt was one of those games was bad optimize for pc and rainbow six vegas and splinter cell da. to run games at 60fps, you got to use SLI or Crossfire, that how bad the game is optimize LOL.

8. The Real Bryl

The Real Bryl Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GT OC
    So, does this mean no 8900GTX?

9. p-nut

p-nut Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    Damn. Does that mean no 9600's until spring? That's a bummer. It will still be fun to see the G80's in action though, but I think their making products too fast. :p

A new high end GPU every year? That's a lot of upgrading. :\

10. Smil3

Smil3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
    Ever heard of HDDVD or BluRay? ;) BR discs can store 25-100GB of data, and I read something about TDK saying that they could make 250GB BR Discs :p Dvd is about to die :) Too bad that BR-drives are extremely pricy atm, but they will be mainstream in like 2k8 christmas :) It's sick to think that you could have the same amount of data that your harddrive has in a single disc on your hand :p

Ok back to the topic, I might get that 9xxx if it really comes on christmas. I have found my 7800gtx sli extremely sucky when it comes to power consumption and speed in games. First and last SLI for me. Allthough I might try selling my gtxes for like 300e and getting a 640MB gts, which costs 335e in one store near me ;) Because if I'll wait till christmas with my gtxes, I will get like max 150e for them -_-

11. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    And so accelrates the pace of threads "G80 now or G92 in the winter...." ffs.

12. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    300 euros for 2 7800GTX's? You'd have to find a real sucker.

13. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB

Not really, way I see it is. If they didnt upgrade their line every year you would have to put up with last years line for much longer. So if you can put up it last years line because ther is no faster card out the card from last year should still be fast enough regardless of it the new card is out or not. Its not asif a card gets slower just because a faser card comes out.

What im trying to say is, if an 8800GTX is fast enough whilst there is no 9800 series then when the 9800 series hits it should still be fast enough, because if the 9800 series didn't hit then people would still be raving about the 8800GTX.

New cards every year is a good thing. It gives us the option to upgrade. I would rather say no than have nothing to say at all.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That's exactly why I bought a 360 before last Christmas. If I didn't, I'd probably have 8800gtx a C2D and 4gb RAM by now. For me atm, for what I use my PC, I don't need all that. Sure, one day I'll upgrade to a DX10 card, but I can't see the reason yet. Sorry, but a couple of hot patches are not gonna sway me. Maybe a few years ago, when I had to have the best in hardware, but surely not now.

I suggest you get yourself a PS3 or a 360 and see what happens. If you don't like them and miss PC gaming, you can still sell them on ebay with a little to no loss (unlike selling old PC parts where you always lose a lot more).

15. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Meh i'll upgrade till my GTX can't deliver the goods,as for those who have skipped this generation of cards this is good news indeed.

16. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Ooh, nice info. Depending on the price I may grab one with a quad core cpu at the end of the year as long as it will fit and run inside my shuttle.

Although, as other have mentioned, it is *very* tempting to just leave the PC and game on a console. At least you know everything will run well and look good with minimal fuss, even if they are slightly more expensive (for new titles anyway).

Really hope ATI pull their finger out and do something spectacular quickly too because this doesn't bode well for them.

17. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    cex.co.uk will give you 57 pounds for a second hand 7800gtx... i think thats about 87 euro's ?? - I saw two 7900gt's sell on ebay last week for 50 ponds each...

18. Smil3

Smil3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
    I know :p Gonna use internet auction and set start price to something like 200e, and minimum raise is gonna be like 5e and see how it evolves :)

19. Raven^

Raven^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4870 512mb (Stock)
    You can buy a 7900GTX 512mb for £105,i was tempted to buy this as i have a Nvidia 6600 non GT. Then wait till the G92's go down in price abit then buy some DX10 games. I really wanna play Colin mcrea (sp?) dirt tbfh, it looks amazin

20. cefurkan

cefurkan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 470 @725 GPU
    before releasing new version they fix the fuccking ram problem at 8800 gts