NVCP Device Settings

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Broseybrose, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    first, some facts to help you understand my situation... this is a tough one.

1. due to a locked motherboard i was never able to OC my FSB.

2. i installed nvidia system tools when it released months ago.

3. when forceware 177.66 beta released, i installed it and noticed a new option in nvcp called 'device settings'. this allowed me to OC my FSB (as well as GPU but i always use RT for that) for the first time in the year ive had my machine, and ive been OC'ing my FSB ever since.

4. when i install new forceware drivers, i never do a clean install, i just install the new drivers over the old ones in safe mode. always works.

now for my problem.

i want to play Pure but ive got the bug where the riders are invisible. ive found that the way to fix this problem is to clean out all remnants of old drivers by doing a proper forceware install. uninstall nvidia drivers from 'programs and features' (i run vista 32), run driver sweeper, install new driver. im using 178.15 these days.

i did this and yay! there were the riders. but my 'device settings' page disappeared from nvcp. i NEED that to OC my FSB. i tried everything to get it back, but the only way to get it back was through a system restore. but of course, the riders were invisible again.

so either i hang on to my old driver remnants so that nvcp shows the 'device settings' page, or i play pure without riders (which is kinda pointless since its a trick based atv game).

i know this is a tough one, but please, any ideas on how to get my 'device settings' option in nvcp with a CLEAN forceware install?

btw, i tried following the logic of, clean out drivers, install system tools, install 177.66, install 178.15 - - - this method made the riders appear in Pure but no 'device settings' in nvcp. :(

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008