NVCP and GeForce Experience will not load

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by big ROBOT bill, Dec 7, 2022.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Hi Gurus, I am stumped, NVCP won't start at all and GFE opens with an error code and suggests I restart the computer which does nothing. The error code 0x0003 sggests starting and stopping various Nvidia services but nothing I have found on the net so far works. I rolled back my drivers and did a clean install, no go. reinstalled the latest one, no go. I can live without the GFE but the NVCP is needed. Any miracle suggestion?

XX

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Did you install any other new software, perhaps? A windows update, if you pardon my asking out of curiosity?

4. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Yes I have and there is one I can't start, thye local system container service. When i go to properties and manually try to start it I get an error, 14109: A generic command executaable returned a result that indicates failure

Somewhere someone suggested setting the access to the Nvidia folder in progam files, I wasn't able to add an "Everyone" so I used a tool, Take Ownership, bingo, everything works again

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    reinstall windows, or reset the wmi repository.

6. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    No need thankfully, after taking ownership of the folder both the NVCP and GeForce are running perfectly! Thank goodness

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your windows install/profile are corrupt, you didn't fix it, you violated the system acls.

8. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I don't want to spend three days making all my stuff work again after re-installing windows if I can avoid it, I'll try the reset the reset the wmi repository option

I got this
    C:\Windows\System32>winmgmt/resetrepository
    WMI repository reset failed
    Error code: 0x8007041B
    Facility: Win32
    Description: A stop control has been sent to a service that other running services are dependent on.

Is that going to be OK after a reboot?

9. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I don't normally use GFE, however if and when NVCP fails to start up properly, the easiest way to get it back to work for me, for the most part, is to go to: Task Manager, under process tab, There is a program called: Nvidia container, try exiting the program out, if there is multiple instances of it, right click on the process in question, click on: End Task, in most cases on my end, usually it works, if that doesn't work, I usually use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller/Under safe mode), normally this works without any issues.

Now in GFE case, on my end, I try to simply uninstall the program and then try another version of GFE, preferably a newer version then the one being used in question, this usually works, if not, try using DDU under safe mode, re-install graphic drivers and GFE, if worst comes to worse, like Astyanax said earlier, reinstall windows as this will defin't solve all of your problems.

I never did the rebuild WMI route as I never had to do such thing that I am aware of but thanks for the heads up Astyanax.

EDIT:

There might be some rare times that NVCP comes up as an error, if this is the case, I simply uninstall the Graphic Drivers in question, use DDU under safe mode, reinstall graphic drivers, all set to go.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  10. big ROBOT bill

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I did try all those fixes, they come up when you search for those problems. I was not able to get one of the proccesses to start after different drivers, different GFE versions

Thanks for the help though guys XX