1. Legoguy

Legoguy Guest

Has anyone experienced the problem of using 800x600 on an LCD monitor?
    The 52.70 drivers appear to be sending an "invalid signal range" to the monitor - I normally use 1024x768 but the very few games that force you to use 800x600 for the menu and such cause this "invalid signal range" on the monitor. 52.17 or whatever it was didn't do this - so I had to revert to them.
    Hopefully it's not my monitor - and I highly doubt it is. (Gateway FPD1530 monitor, GF4 MX440 128 mb)

2. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

having to disable your firewall to download SUCKS, specially in this day and age of hackers. Ive never come across a site like this before that requires you to shut down a firewall to Download?

3. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

grumble aside, and these drivers run pukka (so far) desert combat runs fine now.. so for that im thankful :D

4. LOD-bias

LOD-bias Guest

It's only an extra 8c, I dont see the problem and it's not as though the card can't take it.

StarStorm drivers just :rock:

5. Mr.Fluff

Mr.Fluff Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GTX PCI-E
    Hey Guys,

Well I just wanted to add my experience with the 52.70 to the list to help other's. I found a very intresting flaw in the drivers, it appears to run BF1942 smoother, but if you pan around and see a building it studders or "lags" untill you pan passed the building and everying thing speeds right back up again, its much more noticeable when you activate the zoom. Very intresting I thought...

I had 8xAF on, when I dissabled it, It appeared to stop stuttering or eliveate the problem. I un-installed the 52.70's and re-installed the 52.16's, of course first cleaning the drivers out properly :p . After the install I added the same tweaks as before and the same overclock to simulate the exact same set-up as before. I set it to 8xAF again, entered the game, and to my suprise it was smooth while panning across buildings ( even while zoomed in on a building). Just thought I would share my odd experience...;). Give it a try and see if your's does the same...

Its very hard to notice... the stutter occur's not because of slow FPS but because of the drastic change.. (i.e. From 160fps to 85fps) You feel the differnce all the sudden... Wierd huh..

6. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Yea with my new card I get drastic FPS changes like that, so I just locked my FPS to around 125 in all my games.

7. DarK SchneideR

DarK SchneideR Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    This driver Fix the problem with punkbuster in Quake 3? (and other games) the problem description: The punkbuster freezes the game (and the system) and I need to reboot ... all 5x.xx have this problem I think, ... and this?
    PD: thx for answers =)

8. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB

NO thats still there