MadMonkey Guest

Hehe, i do ;)

It's BigBang drivers, revision unknown
    Using Quantum-shaders and Infini-perf Memoryarchitecture :D

2. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    Sorry but i am not really impressed with this set at all.In Call of duty with the 45.33's i was getting a steady 100 to 150 fps dropping no lower than 70 with 2x aa performance set to quality Mipmap detail level to best image quality,V-Sync off of course this was with the max fps command in call of duty.Now with the same settings and everything i'm happy if i can get to a steady 75-80 and at times it drops to 30 fps:( .Same goes for freedom fighters and Bf1942 chop chop chop at times with a very noticable stuttering problem.I didn't try max payne 2,and NHL 2004 yet with this set but from what i've seen with this running on my rig so far i can say they suck arse for me.Also i'm not really into the benchmarking thing it seems a little cosmetic to me i just stick to the straight performance of my games.:)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  3. RES

RES Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Exchanged e-mails with Evenbalance about this. They said they are working with Nvidia about the problem. We'll see.

RES

4. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Guest

@ BEERandSEX:

Hi,
    well the 5x.xx indeed are way better for FX-Series cards.

With a GF 4 i'd recommend the 41.09 drivers, as i have a
    4600 in my second PC, and its runs best with those.

5. Dr@Home

Dr@Home Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    oh *bleep*!

i just remembered i didn't uninstall the 52.70's!

they are ok, the 52.16 were better tho...and 52.14 were the best 5X.xx for me

6. owziee

owziee Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (128MB)

I have a GF4 MX440-se, I KNOW it's a stripped down GF4 but the 52.70 drivers are the fastest I've seen for this card... so I'd definitely give them a try.

7. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Strange these drivers were really working nice for me...but i had to format today and now i can't get them to work 100% anymore with etcc, all the cars have the same problem invisble body work.

8. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Yes I get invisable fonts inside hidden and dangerous as soon as I load the game I cant see any menu's I see the box's but I cant see any of the info in the box's. That and of course the hard lock up's in PB games , still no news on a fix for that huh. :mad:

9. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    yea I think that pb lockup only applies to pre FX cards b/c before I got my 5900 I had the same trouble. Dont sweat it dude theyll fix it.

10. Longshot

Longshot New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX9800 PRO @ XT
    I am with problems with driver 52,70 and 52,16 to play MOHAA are giving buffer burst would like to know if they somebody this with this exactly problem ?

I thank, and I forgive for the o my horrible english since i am brazilian

No More

11. morrowind

hi all, im a big fan of morrowind so been testing alot with different drivers. there is def a prob with 52.xx drivers and morrowind in terms of lag\stutter when entering new area heavy with objects (see cities) notice that 52.70 seems a little better but prob still there. 45.xx are fine. nvidia have aknowledged e-mail to me advising they are investigating. on a positive note 52.70 is def better for me here, IQ seems nice\equivalent to 52.16 - could it be that higher temps are because the new drivers are pusing the hardware more, which if thus is the case then ive got to say i dont mind hight temps as long as i get about 2 yrs shelf life - thoughts anyone..

12. nt020

nt020 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7900GS

i've started to notice that too, there are some areas where CoD turns into a slideshow. usually it runs at abot 70fps but at times this drops to about 10-20fps (not too often though, thankfully).

but apart from this and the temperature problem, i'm happy with these drivers overall

13. What the Hell?

What the Hell? Member

GPU:
    Asus Extreme N7800GTX TOP
    well im loving this driver set, DC is smooth as silk once again. but i still see issues with this driver as with the 52.16 set for Team Fortress Classic. they have a problem with the fog/haze in water not rendering properly.

also, anyone know why these drivers mess up the text in mm1/mm2 and score list in DC and BF1942 whlie having any AA on? i cant use AA anymore, which really irks me. cant read a thing with AA on now, with the res set at 1024 X 768 @ 32 bit

14. envious1

envious1 Guest

Re: ...

If someone told you thats only a stripped down gf4, they made it sound too good.

hahaha

15. Redcow

Redcow Guest

Great drivers for me. They are by far better than the 52.16 I tried before. No more overheating problem and far more stable overclocking.
    I also got a FPS gain in Flightsim 2004.

Bye

Jan

16. hocheung20

hocheung20 Guest

GF4 MX = GF2

17. owziee

owziee Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (128MB)
    Re: Re: ...

I'm not stupid I know what the card is and I know that it sucks but since it got some features the GF2 doesn't have and actually the biggest difference between a "real" GF4 and the MX version is that the MX doesn't have vertex & pixel shaders but the nvidia shading rasterizer stuff that does much of it trough software instead of using an fx engine.

Also with accuview, LMA II and other features I wouldn't call it anything else than a stripped down GF4 since the GF3 doesn't have these features.

18. ludde

ludde Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 9800pro 128MB 420/380
    Re: Morrowind problems

thats a different thing, you shuld have explained abit better :cool:
    im talking about constant low fps true the entire game and low fps will never change with any driver..and that is caused by a ****ty engine. :cool:

19. ssbopper

ssbopper Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
    is it just me or did the iq get better on these drivers? it looks like i've got some high anistropic filtering on when i don't :D

20. -Cerberus-

-Cerberus- Guest

I love these drivers, best so far.