Now AMD what.?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by perosmct, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    Desktop crashing aka " Windows explorer stopped responding " is atiumd and other dll files from failed driver for those are wondering why is it happening

In videos dxva is broken so is direct3d for video output fail number 2

In some specific games strange artifacts or corruption with AA fail number 3

we haven't seen a driver for a month and bugs are non-stop, so what.? CPU department problems infulenced GPUs.? Did they fired from there too.? ultra fail

if this black and white situation continues i see me and others going to nvidia family, very soon, we do not want to be a part of this disaster too :) :puke2:

start email and reporting to amd to understand their last hope is radeon:pc1:

mysteriously solved by installing 4.5 net framework maybe this was a bug of 4.0 that new 12.9 betas are using...take care

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Sorry to hear of your problems, but as a HD7970 TriFire and HD6990 user (with Cat12.9 Official Beta), no issue whatsoever. I do have IE stopped working issue, but that is an on-going issue with my FX8120 + 2x GTX670 issue.....not blaming the cards, may be something else altogether.

3. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Nothing here with explorer.exe. But image corruption in DX9 games is frustrating.
    Already sent feedback. :O
    BTW, they work on W8 driver, because it soon will be reeased.
    BTW2: On W8 someone with 7900 series has image corruption, flickering or similar crap?

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No issues here either, DXVA working perfectly.

5. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Oh look, another thinly veiled AMD trolling thread

Reported

EDIT: On top of that, I am having zero issues, at that with a Asus 7970 Direct CU II TOP Edition videocard, which is the most finicky card out right now for poorly configured systems.

Anyways, this is another thinly veiled AMD trolling thread, complete with "I'M MOVING TO NVIDIA!" lines. The op could have asked questions like:

"I am getting crashes, this is my error #, any idea's?"

Or

"I am getting corruption in X game, these are the settings I am using, can anybody fix?"

etc etc etc

Like I said, report the op, move along.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Not a single problem for me either, Sapphie 7970 OC eddition..

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Already reported the thread to Hilbert and rflair, just ignore Pero and his grade school trolling

Hopefully this is the final infraction that gets him banned from the AMD section, given that in his past posts he clearly shows he owns Nvidia cards

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    What DX9 games are you having corruption? What driver are you using?

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

You honestly believe he is having -ALL- those problems in the original post?

EDIT: Sorry thought you were responding to Pero

And way way way out of date drivers cause the DX9 errors, I've not seen issues in a long long while, like the last 6-7 releases

10. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Frankly... There are no errors on the HARDWARE portion of the AMD GPUs...

But The Drivers need much more priority... they have to give more time on them...

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  12. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  13. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    the whole problem package i am saying is with crossfire and 12.9 beta...previous drivers hadn't any of these problems...ok...???

Valagard you are a so weak and narrow-minded person, you can't even disquss, you are a fanboy with no personality...tragedy itself...

Thanks everyone for their feedback.

I did not mentioned i have formatted my pc and used a new ssd and these problems are still here, clearly with 12.9 betas... :(

14. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Well,, its not at all a problem Only from the GPU Side ...

Because a smooth Gaming / working experience is only obtained by the perfect Combination of all the components of the System...

for eg, a well resource demanding game requires a proper CPU, RAM, PSU, HDD and even sometimes windows Page files also.... So one cannot blame the GPU completely... Improper Compatibility can cause problems..

AMD has a good GPU Hardware Specifications and parts... but its drivers a re not properly managed.

Still we would like to make it much more Better.. because nobody in this universe would want to make his/her own stuff to be bad right...

Hoping that AMD will go ahead of the peoples expectations in the positive side in the coming time.

15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

16. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I wil be honest.. Nvidia's drivers are no better than AMD. People really need to drop that already its old news. I am no fanboy but, I loved my radeons. The last one I had was a 6950 great card.

17. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    CLOSED is SOLVED

i have manually installed net framework 4.5 i have updated it and everything is now fixed...now i suggest anyone bypass the crappy v4.0 or v3.5...find dotNetFx45_Full_setup now!!! :) GG

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Doesn't the latest 9.00 driver kinda require .NET 4.5?
    (Or was it just 4.0?)

(Earlier needed 3.5 and before then it was mostly 2.0 based, I might be a bit off.)

EDIT: Shouldn't cause explorer.exe to bug out though, mostly related to CCC functioning properly as far as I'm aware.

19. popeye

popeye Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Good info, thanks. Are you saying a repair of 4.0 didn't fix it either?

20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    NET Framework 4.5 is a DIRECT REPLACEMENT for NET Framework 4.0, meaning 4.5 is essentially a super large service pack for 4.0. Everyone who has NET Framework 4.0 installed should definitely upgrade to 4.5.

NET Framework 4.5 does not replace NET Framework 3.5. You cannot 'bypass' 3.5 for 4.5, if a program requires 3.5 you have to have 3.5 installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.