Note from moderators: on trolling & flaming

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Dude I had no clue what he was on about. His posts were so random I actually thought he was a bot....and reported it.

rofl...

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    On the main issue, I'm glad moves are afoot to remedy the recent trolling. Hear, hear!

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    wow what a mess in this section. I came in here to see what the hoopla was about.
    btw the q9770 bench is invalid as physics was enabled. a 2500k would rape a s775 quad in vantage in a fair fight.

4. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Hilbert, please, assign someone to AMD catalyst team :) They are the ones responsible :p

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The qx9770 is tested with a 260 with physics on thereby nullifying the score and the 2500k is tested with 2 5850`s obviously with ppu disabled. this is quite possibly the worst comparison I have seen in a while. in the future if you want to compare scores based on cpu`s please make sure the same video cards are used and physics is off.

@Hilbert and mods. I have noticed a lot of the riff raff postings are done with people with very low post counts. Perhaps you can limit access to this part of the forum like in the fs/ft thread based on join date and thread count?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

reposting what I said in the skyrim thread here, cause honestly I think you need to see it Hilbert, I have nothing but respect for you man, you and the forum mods have an absolutely thankless jobs moderating a free board, my heart goes out to you guys that have to deal with all this crap daily.

-------------------------------

Jesus fricken christ do we really need -ANOTHER- damn "Skyrim has no crossfire yet!" thread?!?!?!?!!?

For christ sakes whatever happened to the golden rule of "Check to see if a topic exists, if it doesn't, make one" etc?

And again -EVERY ONE OF THESE THREADS- devolves into the same damn crap:

"LOL AMD USERZ ALWAYS HAVE PROBLUMZ, I'Z GOING NVIDIA!"

"Actually as a former/current Nvidia user, I can safely say that they have the same amount of issues, different issues but they have games that get affected too"

"NO U LIE LOL TELL THE TRUTHS AMD FIXZ TWO PWOBLUMZ AND BREAKS A THOASUND MORE, OVER ALL DEEZ YEARS NOW AMD HAZ OWNLY FWIXED ONE HUNDWED PWOBLEMS AND CREATED A BWILLION PWROBLEMZ! TRUST ME GUYZ I CAN DO MATHS ITS CUMULATIVE!!!"

This makes me want to tear my fricken hair out, the worst thing is most of these god damn comments are psudo trolling, they are just -BARELY- under the god damn radar of flat out trolling, so they can't be given bans or time outs from this forum section.

Like look at the very first poster, he blames NFS:Run's problems on AMD's drivers, and then posts with LOL like "LOL AMD GETZ NOTHING RIGHT M'I RIGHT GUYZ?!" and I just want to belt him upside the head with a brick for saying something that is so unhelpful and is an obvious AMD bashing thread, and if it's not a AMD bashing thread, why even bring up NFS:The Run when this thread is supposed to be about Skyrim?

Hilbert, I pitty you, I really do, you run the single best GPU resource website on the planet, and you have to face people like THIS daily who just spread misery, filth, lies and FUD around. Maybe its to make money, maybe cause they get a kick out of upsetting videocard users whatever, but the trolls on both sides of this fence is awful.

It feels like I'm fricken surfing 4chan at times, I come here for an intelligent discussion and for the last two years EVERY DAMN THREAD devolves into the same AMD/Nvidia bashing nonsense, people blaming one manufactures drivers and refusing to admit the other company has problems, saying one has worse or defective hardware while the other one has its own set of technical problems, and so on, and so on, and so on

I dunno if I'll get a ban or warning for this, but for christ sakes it feels like I need to take SOME sort of stand, the problem is my hands are tied and there is nothing I can do about posts like the Op's here, he flies just BARELY under the radar, but just enough to cause the thread to fall into a AMD/NVIDIA circlejerk bashing thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    ^^ New Mods are on the way. I feel sure one of the first tasks will be sorting out this area.

I have to admit another Skyrim thread will bust a blood vessel. Why people can't use the actual game thread I do not know!

9. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    @Valagard:

if you don't like the thread - don't open it. You have a choice. You, however, don't have the right to tell someone what she/he can open thread about. Yet, you choose to read that topic and get involved into discussion in a same manner you accuse others - just barely bellow troll/flame radar. Well, actually, you were the first one to flame it with "Jesus fricken christ do we really need -ANOTHER- damn "Skyrim has no crossfire yet!" thread?!?!?!?!!?" sentence. ;)

nhf man, I am just sayin' ;)

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You have just contradicted yourself, complaining about multiple threads being opened on the same subject, and then posting the same comment in two different threads incase someone didn't read it in the first one.

Your reason for double posting is the exact same reason why people are making multiple skyrim threads, "Just incase someone doesnt read their reply in the existing thread"

11. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I posted it also here cause I thought it was relevant and I am taking a stand against all these trolls

And to the person before you, if we all had that attitude we would all mindlessly go about our lives cause we would never stand up for something we think is terribly wrong, and life would be a lot worse then it is now

I went into the thread cause just reading the thread title alone I knew it was going to be a AMD bashing thread, and lo and behold it was

Then you call me a "Troll" cause I am sick of all the mindless, endless and aimless AMD/Nvidia bashing where people:

1. Don't cite sources
    2. Make baseless claims
    3. Refuse to listen to other people who do not have issues and continue to blame a card makers drivers, instead of looking at their own systems

And on, and on, and on

Its like the Maya posts in the drivers, from around 11.2 and up suddenly there was a dozen or so people saying "AMD CRASHES MAYA!" "AMD BREAKS EVERYTHING!" "AMD SUCKS!" etc, it got to the point that when I fired up Maya for the first time to learn how to use it, I expected it to half destroy my computer

And guess what, NOTHING HAPPENED. It ran fine, no glitches, no errors, no models looking warped etc that I was making, it was an error free experience.

All those people, either trolls or just users who don't know how to use their computers, they -GOT- to me by actually making me afraid to open Maya simply because I had a AMD card. The trolls won, they succeeded in making AMD look bad to me briefly because I listened to what they said WITHOUT citations that "Everyone was having problems with Maya on AMD" etc etc

And since then, I've had enough. Trolls and mindless posters I am fed up with, its like SR3, that whole thread devolved into "Game runs like crap on AMD, runs great on Nvidia" yet I get between 100-140FPS average at max settings, and my friend with a 5870 gets 60FPS+ at max settings, at -ALL TIMES-

And every time I mentioned that fact, the trolls and braindead users would reply back with "No its AMD drivers" without citing sources, or willing to admit that possibly it was user error that was causing all the problems

Then SOMEBODY finally posted that benchmark of a guy with a 5850 vs a HEAVILY overclocked GTX460, how the GTX 460 was only 2.5FPS faster, and the trolls/mindless users STILL refused to accept this as evidence there was no problem

Again, I've fricken had it with the trolls/braindead users, they do no good. Every single driver installation thread devolves into "Its not working!" And we give driver removal/installation instructions, which are IMMEDIATELY removed cause "Its too much work" "I didn't have to do it before" "Its stupid I can't just install over the old drivers, I refuse to do it" and it JUST DOESN'T END!!!, and I will outright openly call them out on such bullcrap from now on.

P.S. I also love how you basically called me a troll when I neither singled out AMD nor Nvidia and their supposed flaws and regarded both objectively and equally

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  12. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well, what are you doing right now if not trolling?

how is a driver cleaning or skyrim CF issue relevant in this thread? :3eyes:

sorry, but, it's not. AFAIK, this topic is an announcement of sorts, telling us that new moderators will be joining this part of g3d forums. Your stance, or mine, has nothing to do with this. We are both trolling here atm :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  13. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I would ask you how to explain how I am trolling, but this thread would turn into a piss slinging contest