not logged in

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by stealthmaker, Nov 17, 2003.

1. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    im not sure if this is just me or what, but since when can't we view the pub and the feedback forums when we arent logged in? why is this done?! and wouldnt it be better to actually list them and ask for a log in if they are clicked than not having them shown at all?!

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's something we are trying out. Dunno if it'll stay. It seems fair that registered users have some more sections available then anonymous users.

3. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    i just noticed it too, it shocked me, i thought you'd removed the pub:p but anyway it seems like a good idea to me

4. Rusty 2k3

Rusty 2k3 Guest

yea not a bad idea because all new users are normally in the Pub ;)

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, I'm even considering taking it one step further. Basically all new users that drop in here come for help and this way are guided into the right sections quicker. Thus allowing them only the hardware sections seems fair as they won't get confused by the huge amount of other sections.

Once registered as a more serious user extra section will open up for him/her. It's only an idea I'm playing with.

6. Rusty 2k3

Rusty 2k3 Guest

Thats a great idea Hilbert as most new users tend to drift into the Pub really early and leave out the important sections, so say once a user has reached 50 posts then they can see all the other sections. ;)

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Unfortunately that's not possible bro. I can't setup the software that way. It only works with registered users and set security levels. We'll see though ;)

8. David

David Guest

Hmm I like the idea.