Nosey neighbors...solutions?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Gilbo, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Ok, my folks are on vacation for a week so I'm moving back in to my house till they get back. Problem is I've got some real weird neighbors.

Small example: Today my friend came over with about half a case of Blue. When I came out to meet her my neighbors looked at us like I had just sh*t all over their lawn. Apparently they drink Molson.

These are the type of people where if were to have a party they would have the liscence plate number of every car that showed up to it.

So what should I do about them? My plan was to just ignore them, but I don't think that's going to work very well. Maybe I should get some dobermans and build a huge privacy fence all around our property. That might work.

Anyways, I need ideas for how to deal with/get rid of these people. I place high value in my privacy and I don't need some nosey old lady with a pair of binoculars causing me to live in fear of living in my old house. It's nerve racking God Dammit.

2. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    wack em'

3. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    too messy...

4. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 350/1100
    no, it's people like you that are the neighbor problem gilbo. quit being such a rascal. :p

/don't mind me. i'm 1950s conservative. :cool:

5. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Hey, I keep quiet. I haven't had and won't have any parties. No more than 6 or 8 people at a time. No loud music. They've no reason to bother me other than they're bored/way too interested in my affairs.

Maybe I should get those dobermans.

6. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    naw... just wack em' ;) :thumbup:

7. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    Too much interested in you ????
    hmmmmmmmmmm ............

May be they are someone from the CIA .......... :D:D:D:D

8. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    What most all Neighbors hate the most is to make your yard WAY better then theirs LoL also all the mowing and power tools drive them crazy :)

9. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Just report it to the local council, your request is always secret...

10. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Oh believe me, I had plans to do tons of yard work this week, but it looks like Dennis is gonna cancel those plans by Wednesday.

Though, I could fire up the lawnmower right now. 4:15 am is as good a time as any to cut the lawn.

11. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    you mean the city council? they don't give a damn about me. All they care about is getting their asses out of the fire. (we've got major problems here in the city.)

12. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    red interclock pathway my friend, and new asphalt on your lane way. That will do the trick right there. no more stares cuz they know ur betta than them.

13. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    well for starters you should knock on their door and tell them exactly how u feel,tell them to mind their own business,and watever else you wanna throw at them that way they might stop cuz u were man enough to tell them.just be a gentleman about it and be respectful.if that dont work lay some claymores on their lawn

14. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Three options present themselves Gil, and all are constructive.

1. Ignore them and just do your own thing.

2. Walk over to them, hand them a camera and tell them to take a picture, it lasts longer and they can share it with all their friends.

3. Flat out tell them to mind their own business or you'll sue them for invasion of privacy.

Edit: I had a neighbor like that and confronting them fixed their little red wagon. :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  15. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

throw poison on thier lawn while they are sleeping,.. they won't know what hit em :D

16. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    well.... pointing a shotgun at em would initimidate the hell outta em...they would never look across your fence again.... however I would go for a more non violent solution such as spying on them, You could make a game out of it... every time they invade your privacy, invade theirs twice as badly.... send em a note telling em that u have installed a hidden camera in their bathroom or something.

or just bluntly tell em to mind their own business....

17. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Lol, or you can ask one of them out to scare the hell out of em.

18. yttocs1966

yttocs1966 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVG 9800GTX
    just put up a sign in the front yard stating how nosy ther are. put a name ,address as much info yet still readable as you drive by.

19. Shaman391

Shaman391 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 66GT 128mb@600/1320 1.6ns
    lol :D

in my country I able to listen music laud till 11 pm, then neighbors have right to call police.

20. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    in my country its 9pm i think - but neighbours call the police before that and they still HAVE to come out if a complaint is made. The law protects these nosey, intrusive, arsehole neighbours :(