'North Korean torpedo' sank South's navy ship

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Rifle_Grunt, May 20, 2010.

1. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    guys it doesnt matter how many trrops north korea have against a nuke they are nothin and same goes for the south korea army :/

who knows tho meybe nothin will happen anyway!!!!

2. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    Its a Human abuse travesty that the whole world let NK go on this long

The world should be ashame of itself . The Gov of NK controls everything , The jobs ,The housing The food they eat the Media etc etc

If NK ever falls it well take Decades to repair the Mental damage this regime has done to its own people , These people are so far from reality and brainwashed there may be no way to fix the damage

3. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    ftfy

:p

As for north korea failing. NK would be a great place to begin a light pollution plan and build some observatories once the government changes.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well, I can see that logic & reason do not have a home here...

Meh.....I'm outta this thread..

btw- IT'S OVER 8000!!!!! lol

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    What does NK think they stand to gain from their whack-job mentality?

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Last time, we pushed them back about as fast as we moved across Iraq.It looked like we were going to finish it in a few months.Once China got involved , well, you know what happened.
    I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but look what's happening in Afghanistan. They basically have old assed Russian WWII munitions, and they're quite a hand full.
    I think for the most part you're right, but don't misunderestimate their arsenal.China helps them, and that Soviet stockpile went somewhere.......

7. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Iraq was a partially whipped military after first gulf war and fought in an open desert.

NK has spent 50 years building military force, is a mountainous terrain, and has some of the most artillery pieces in the world in direct range of Seoul, the capital of SK.

Besides the fact of hundreds of underground tunnels (under mountains mind you), bunkers, and other underground systems...you find a very different war than the open wide range of the desert.

NK also has an air-force, while being able to be taken down eventually, the US will have much more difficulty providing ground cover, let alone taking out mobile launchers/arty with air power.

Then you have the fact that they could have an ace up their sleeve, in all likelihood should war occur, NK will arty the hell out of SK, then make a swift spear headed attack into SK, drawing out any SK/American forces for defense of major tactical points (including the Capital).

After collecting our forces there, BAM nuke detonated, both US and SK and a few NK forces are gone.

8. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Air forces require training, munitions, & maintenance. Unless NK has a radar capable of spotting stealth aircraft I don't see how they'd stop us from hitting the artillery with our stealth aircraft while we engage their SAMs and fighters with our classical F/A 18's et al.

It's presumptive to assume that the untied states wouldn't simply go nuclear right away if NK starts shelling SK cities.

9. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    We don't have the stealth capacity to take out even 1/2 of artillery aimed at Seoul before they level much of the city.
    No, it is presumptive to assume we would.

10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wasn't saying we did, I was responding to this sentence: "
    NK also has an air-force, while being able to be taken down eventually, the US will have much more difficulty providing ground cover, let alone taking out mobile launchers/arty with air power."

While it's true that NK has an airforce, I do not believe it would delay our attacks on the NK artillery via the air

Who's assuming that? All I'm saying is when people see death tolls in the millions after a few hours and people burning alive in the hundreds of thousands, the USA may well go nuclear before NK makes that decision, simply to stop the artillery bombardment.

11. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Last I checked NK arty sites were also connected to underground tunnel networks, or cached deep in the mountains, or otherwise hidden or often moved around. This allows them to fire many volleys of fire, then either move to concealment or protection.

This goes beyond the point the sheer number of arty that NK has, which would be taken out, but not before absolutely obliterating Seoul and other targets.

There isn't much for their Air Force to be afraid of if we only attack with F/A-18 Hornets and Super Hornets. The best we can hope for is that SK F-15 can provide air cover, but they aren't stealth they are very countered by SAMs.

The only thing that we could do with Stealth is bring in some B2's for bombing runs which take quite a bit of time to get from the US or even some SE Asian bases, by that Seoul is affectedly rubble. About the only thing we can expect from the first stages of a war between SK/NK is that SK and NK border forces/cities are gonna be ravaged by each others forces and the US is mainly going to launching what limited supplies cruise missiles we have.

12. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    The regurgitation of propaganda in this thread is great read.

The way the US and its lackey the EU have dealt with NK has been to pretend to talk while threatening NK with destruction. It's no more than they always have done and of course it works so well that NK and SK are great friends, have peace and nothing ever happens between the two.

This whole nonsense with NK is simply a stab at China and Russia. Pretend you matter all you want but being the worlds number one pariah and terrorist (US) and its lakey (EU) has achieved absolutely nothing.

Next there're going to be sanctions levied at Iran, eventhough Brazil and Turkey achieved exactly that which the US and its colony, the EU, wanted. But it's not good enough, because it's not about nuclear weapons, it's about oil and control. It's brilliant, because China will continue to buy Iranian oil and Russia will keep providing nuclear technology.

Win, win for all, apart from the little children having tantrums. The moment these petty fools learn that threats and emperialism only work if you have the ability to enforce them, which the US don't even have in Iraq and Afghanistan, is the moment the world will be a better place.

Anyway, there will be no war with NK (or Iran for that matter), because that 'whack job' Kim will simply nuke Sk. Great success that will be. Anyway, Kim's crimes against humanity make him look like a pathetic amateur compared with those committed by the sickeningly hypocrite West in Vietnam, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and all the other places destroyed and annihilated for (corporate) profit or, the new boogie man: terrorism.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I won't contest that Seoul can be taken out by artillery, I only contend that the NK air force would not be able to prevent ours from operating.

You paint a rather rosy picture for NK. But fortunately you're vastly underestimating US munitions & tactics (eg HARM).

Anyway, that's my last post on this, I'm not going to do back n forth tomorrow.

14. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Are there any NK casualty figures?

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    They don't rely on their airforce to deter air attacks - they have a ****load of AA batteries for that job.

About 620,000, & approx 600,000 Chinese & Russian forces.

16. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Being worshipped as a god (which KJI is) and enjoying the luxuries of an overblown budget for themselves? The citizens have nothing to gain, heck most of them are starving, except not being killed.

If you wanted to invade, as said its likley to be quite bloody on the SK side. Seoul would need to be evacuated and would probably be razed. The options the US war wise would be to assassinate KJI and the closer generals- without them I would think the whole place would destabilise very quickly or a large scale missile (on the sams) and air strike, but I think the shere number of planes and missles needed to prevent sugnificant damage from the artilery would be unrealistic

17. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    I´m not trying to convince you at all, just pointing out moderns protocols to use modern weapons, also that I´m not saying that a NK submarine was fired the torpedo.

I´ll not going to convince you ?, well, you´ll not convince me that the NK submarines are using WWII era torpedos.

Peace :)

It´s a theory, now you need prove that the torpedo was fired by NK army at least before sign the death of one million of persons.

Peace :)

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    They did it for the lulz! :hatty:

(Just slap me now)

19. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I'm glad the assassination of all these Al Qaeda heads has caused the organisation to collapse.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

This looks like a job for.......:

[​IMG]

Hmm...it's Saturday, and I'm wasted.

Wonder if I should stop posting......:3eyes:

EDIT: Oh crap it's only Friday. Question answered.