Noob Damaged LCD Cable During Re-Paste

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by liluglymane, Sep 25, 2020.

1. liluglymane

liluglymane New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hey folks,

this is my first post on guru3d. I need your guidance! I did a seemingly straightforward re-paste job on my laptop and I may have damaged the lcd cable in the process. The cable needs to be unplugged for re-pasting since it's hooked into a guiding rail on the fan (as shown in the picture below) . When I was trying to remove it I thought it was the kind of cable that you have to pull out but it's actually just a flat ribbon that's clipped on. I did give it a good yanking before realizing that...although the cable looks completely intact and the contacts look undamaged.

STILL, I don't get video on the internal display anymore. Tried reseating it a couple of times with no luck. I normally use the laptop with an external monitor anyways but now I can't use it for class. The laptop is well out of warranty. How can I troubleshoot this? I really hope the motherboard itself isn't damaged. But even if it's only the cable, disassembling the screen will suck.
    [​IMG]

2. liluglymane

liluglymane New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I bought the cable from lenovo's Encompass website, seems back-orderd though so I may have to wait another month or so before I can try the fix o_O