Noctua presents three special-edition AM4 CPU coolers for AMD Ryzen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I know you posted the info a few days back about updated brackets for existing owners that would be available free but do you know what the MSRP on those are. I don't think I would get them for free considering my D15S was a prize.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't know the answer - but I would email Noctua and explain to them that you won it via prize. Perhaps include copy of the prize info or proof that you received it as a prize.

Noctua's customer support is extremely good, it wouldn't surprise me if they just sent you a free one anyway.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I think as usually Noctua will offer free upgrade kits for AM4, as has been posted, you will need to provide you are own AM4 board or CPU and you are own Noctua cooler and if you want to buy kit separately $7.90USD

http://noctua.at/en/noctua-offers-upgrade-kits-for-amd-s-ryzen-platform-free-of-charge

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No idea but likely less then 10 bucks, but just drop them an email and let them know that you are the prize winner and would love to receive a kit. I am sure they'll send you the brackets for free. Noctua is not a difficult company and have great after-sales.

Oh and on the prize, it was in the previous news item:

For users who need the kit urgently or do not yet have a proof of purchase of an AM4 CPU or motherboard, the NM-AM4 and NM-AM4-UxS kits will also be available via selected retailers and e-tailers such as Amazon at a suggested retail price of EUR 7.90/USD 7.90.

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Been using NH-D15 for years, it's amazing. Highly recommended.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Ah must have missed that skimming through the article. Thanks guys.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Agree great CPU cooler,have run this cooler on i7-5820k at 4.5Ghz, just tried few fans like Thermalright TY-143 or TY-147A,best fans are TY-147A which are very quiet fans, these supplied Noctua fans are just loud for my liking and TY-143 are good too although I wouldn't run them above 1600RPM,but still there you can run them at 2500RPM but I wouldn't as at these RPM are loud or rather very loud, but temp drop at full RPM is around 5-6°C

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m thinking of buying a kit because i´ve lost the invoice of my Noctua and they cost 10€ for Intel CPUs.

Talking about Noctua, i really like them because my Noctua U12P SE2 but i think it´s time they have some sort of breakthrough because the size of their best cooler is ridiculous!!! That thing is huge! And unless they are thinking about doing even bigger coolers to increase their performance, they need something new... Or they can also do liquid coolers... But i would prefer only air coolers from them.