Noctua Celebrates 10-year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    One of the CPU cooler makers we do adore, Noctua today celebrated its 10-year anniversary. Since the introduction of the first generation NH-U12 heatsink in October 2005, Noctua's products have recei...

Noctua Celebrates 10-year Anniversary

2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I've only bought Noctua fans for years. Of course they are expensive, but they surely last for a long time. I don't actually have old Noctuas because I gave my old PCs away, but from what I've understood, the current owners of those old PCs haven't needed to replace Noctuas, only the fans the cases were shipped with (and they replaced those with Noctuas after my recommendation). The Noctuas just keep spinning like there's no tomorrow. Many cheap fans screech like a circular saw just after a year or two.

Khajiit has no words for people who think all fans are the same.

3. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Still loving my NH-D14. Will definitely be getting the D15 for a newer build.

4. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
    I love my NH-D14. I got 2. =D

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    loving my NH-d15 awesome air cooler

6. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Interesting Iluminatti logo,owl.You and Asus(Strix) are really sucks sometimes.
    But hey Noctua where are Skulls&Bones logo or Horus eye? :D

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I still like my Dark Knight SD1283 Night Hawk Edition with two Coolermaster Jetflo's. I have my computer on 24/7, and it's been that way apart from changing over HDD's etc since I build my i5-3570K. I wondered why in the warmer weather coming into summer here that my CPU temps were a little high. I shone a torch on the CPU cooler, it was caked in a thick layer of fluff despite fan filters (basically the only thing in the case with any fluff on it). So, I still dismantled it, washed the cooler under the tap without the fans (yep), cleaned it, made sure it was absolutely dry.

The reason why this is relevant is because I needed new thermal paste. My old OCZ Freeze I've had since before this build was quite old. I got the Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste, not only just because it's one of the best, but because it was super easy to apply and was quite cheap. Overall it was by far the best value for money thermal paste, and at least it's safe not unlike those that get your temperature down another half a degree under load that can fry your computer if it leaks onto any circuitry :3eyes:.

Oh btw looks like the Noctua NH-D15 has a sister model in the Noctua NH-D15S, with the D15S having just a single fan and resolves some of the clearance issues (according to Noctua literature) of the NH-D15.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I hope they stay in business longer. Have bought a NH-L12 and NH-D15, can't say I was disappointed (even though the high price).

9. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I'm still rocking the NH-U12P I got back in 2008 (not the SE variant, it's the first model) in my rig now, I contacted Noctua when I upgraded from my Q6600 for the bracket to my i5 4690k, a couple of days later, there it came :D

10. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    They are the bee's knees as far as I'm concerned. You invest once and you're practically good for life unless you're willing to shell out another 80-100 Euros for a 2% improvement. They'll even throw in free adapters to any new socket configurations that may come along. Now that's what I call service. I'm considering buying one just as soon as I get back on my feet financially.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I have an Noctua U12P SE2 cooler and i love it. Great performance and almost silent!

If only Noctua managed to make an high end cooler the same size as mine and i would buy it for my future build.

Happey birthday Noctua!

12. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    My one and only Noctua device is the NH-D15 I bought in January of this year. I am using it on my home computer and works quite well with the i7-6700k.

13. go4brendon

go4brendon Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Pity they dont make them in nicer colours. Definantley the best though.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same, its a beast :D

15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I still love my NH-D14. Fantastic cooler :)

Wish the same could have been said for my MSI 290X Gaming... demanding games would Quickly ramp fan speeds up to 100%

So went with a high end CPU custom water loop to get all the CPU heat out to help my last gen GFx card I did not want to waste money on... did help a fair bit. Still too much 100% Fan on and off and of course lots of thermal throttling.

Now I have a Sapphire Fury Tri-X and a very cool and quiet computer. Really impressed with this card, higher fps, and appears to use close to 100watts less going by apparent heat output from the PC's air vents and and least in the games I play a power at the wall saving of over 100watts :)

I was satisfied with the NH-D14 on my old hex core, but temps did get a little high into the 80's requiring me to to keep half eye on things when OC'd and doing large amounts of video encoding.
    Must admit to being very happy with my custom water loop running through a 420mm by 60mm deep rad. Don't see over 45c even with minimum fan speeds.

Well, I'm keeping my trusty Quiet NH-D14 for my spare 3570K based computer currently (lent to a friend) running the default Intel cooler & cannot handle Intense workloads easily.

16. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Had my NH-D14 for 5 years now and it's still going strong.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    This is literally the ONLY reason I've not bought a Noctua yet. The 1970's looking tan and brown colors. No way that hideous color scheme goes in my box.

Is there any hope for colors from this century? As a signature color scheme, it's a bad one.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    They already have...

[​IMG]

http://www.ebuyer.com/663509-noctua...kwid=sWA3N2WiH_dc&pcrid=51630194939&pkw=&pmt=

I have the 3000rpm fan in a server rig and its whisper quiet when using PWM on the motherboard only starts to even hum when it reaches 60% which it never does, it gets really loud at 80-100% but I never run it at those speeds.

Excellent fan and much better colours.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Nice. That (pic above) is much more subdued with just a hint of brown. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I grab a cooler or get the itch. I hear nothing but praise for the Noctua coolers.

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    They are indeed very nice fans.. never bought em in the past due to terrible colors, but once they came out with these puppies I grabbed a couple:

[​IMG]