1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signs of Catalyst 10.5?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Roffle, May 9, 2010.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    just go by this saying

2. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 4800 UPCC
    Wish they'd fix window graphic corruption... They didn't manage to fix it in the last 3 years, yet on linux works fine with Open Source drivers... To bad linux has other problems cause of very very low support from ATi and their proprietary drivers (mostly "lack of features" - you can only use 10% of an ATi card on Linux)... :tux:

3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    I wish it was true, all i am asking is a CUDA emulation on Radeons...

4. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    which is funny because ATI is always open source this and open source that. But they cant / dont support open source program like linux.

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Hired, maybe, to make competitive an open platform?

Almost happy with Windows, the Linux support it's very bad.
    With opendriver we have very low performance and lack of support for Evergreen series (alpha driver with tearing an lack of full support).
    Fglrx closed drivers it's unstable, lack of vsync, etc.

6. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    I don't use Linux. But could have sworn ATi released Catalyst 10.4 for Linux with full OpenGL 4.0 support that support the 5xxx cards.

7. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    I do also check daily for driver updates in the past weeks ... no ... actually since November, when I build my Supercomputer with 2x 5970 watercooled, because I hoped all the time, that ATI would fix the cold bug, the warm bug, the Eyefinity Crossfire ....... my computer did only support 3D when I heated the water to 35 deg. above 37 degree it crashed/freezed again
    .. and that's at everything on stock!!

Went almost crazy... spend so much money, lost the guarantee with the WC on Mainboard and cards .. and no fun .. only frustration...

until yesterday, when I found two news:

Saphire have released in April a Testbios for the 5970!!!! :banana:
    Called their support and they mailed it to me !! :banana:

and I found a thread, which mentioned the Eyefinity-5970-Crossfire could be fixed in the Win7 Power Management of the PCI-E (very hidden feature in Windows)

and guess what??

Now running my 4 58xx-cores at 970/1150 at 4,4Ghz on the Core i7 !!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Benched all night!!! OMG - it finally works! :)

8. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    That makes little to no sense to me. What's the point of that? ATi already has their own Stream API and support for OpenCL? Seems redundant and stupid to me. Blame Nvidia for constantly pushing for closed systems and ignore them IMO.
    - Don't support that, ignore them and maybe Nvidia stop trying to enslave developers to proprietary closed systems.

9. PcZoneExtra

PcZoneExtra Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    dont break your head it will be coming soon!!! :)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I want updated application profiles more than I want new drivers to be honest, particularly for CrossFireX support for newer games like Splinter Cell: Conviction, Blur, Split/Second and Alpha Protocol. The last ones were released almost TWO months ago!!!

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Alpha Protocol has had a profile for a long time, hopefully up to date since later driver releases. :)

[​IMG]

(It's standard UE3 though a somewhat earlier engine revision of it so UT3.exe or Bioshock.exe should work just fine though the latter is actually UE2.5, heh in any how it should kick in SLI/Crossfire if it's not on by default or well optimized.)

EDIT: Conviction has a profile as well since a few driver releases ago but I'm unsure about Blur and Split Second though again SLI/Crossfire scaling might be sub-optimal anyhow due to bad optimizations or no real profile for it.
    (Might just be compatibility fixes and bug fixes.)

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Jonas, do you know IF its possible to override those hex , and rename them through the dll. you know to bypass steam's blocking (instead of having to use a no-cd crack)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Unfortunately that would be a bit more advanced, via hex-editing it is possible to see the names of what is either the EXE or the profile name but altering them can't be done that easily.

A third party application like nHancer would be needed though the drivers themselves would need a way to read custom profiles and not just the pre-made ones via the main .dll and that application profile update.
    (Else there wouldn't be any way to read the altered game profile unless it also allowed to edit the .dll itself to inject those changes and alter the main profile, might need to be done in safe mode as well due to it being a core driver file and technically in use for Windows so that's not really a good idea either as I see it.)

ATI does allow profiles of settings like clock speeds and similar but altering more directly specific game values isn't possible which is unfortunate.
    (The more direct compatibility settings via Catalyst AI could still be hidden outside of third party utilities but setting basic values and maybe which Crossfire scaling mode to use would be a nice improvement, powerplay alterations and clock speeds as well if developed further I'd guess such as forcing 3D speeds even if playing windowed and similar.)

14. GerhardP

GerhardP New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870
    Still have problems running eyefinity, 1 monitor go on and off whole time. ATI's drivers is 10 years behind their hardware! Please wake up and fix problems!

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The whole point of profiles was so we didnt have to wait for new drivers all the time to fix crossfire.

Epic fail ATI since the profiles come out same as the drivers or even less frequently.

16. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    It's here, and there is absolutely no reason to install it imo.
    :bang:

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    How come this thread didn't get locked (or the millions before it that have appeared every single month for the past 10 years or so), as i started a one for the 10.6's today, as theres no sign of them yet, and it got locked, so what gives :confused:

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Why not ignore it rather than bump it?

19. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Bump

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru