**** no post

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jae-So, Jan 19, 2010.

1. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hmm dunno why they would do that though....hmm i'm trying to think what the problem could be.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    CPU works in Sunn's UD5, Ram works, board apparently works (maybe they can't fix it and don't wanna have to give me a new one) dunno

3. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    I had the mobo in person there is a scratch on the HS cant miss it. THere isnt one in the pic. I think gigabyte is defo lying. Tested ur ram and one of the sticks was faulty.
    Sent the mobo back to u 10 mins ago. should have it 2moro by 1pm. :)

4. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    [​IMG]

Thats one of the pic's they sent me.

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    ^ yh they sent me a pic like that too, doesn't really prove anything, wen the closeup of the board is different

6. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Think about it...the engineer who was testing your board has two options, Fix it or Replace it.

His payslip isn't effected either way, if your board was faulty and he couldn't fix it he'd just tick a box for replacement. Not switch your board for another one, then take a bunch of pictures to pretend its working and cross his fingers you don't get back to them. Why on earth would he do that? He'd only lose his job lol

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    ^ I'm not doubting the logic I'm just going with the facts, and the fact is that looks like a different heatsink

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Well I'm too lazy to read 4 pages but I'll let you know my suggestion... turn off your computer UNPLUG IT, then remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and see if it posts.

The last time I tried clearing my CMOS I couldn't figure out why the hell it won't clear until I remembered it needs to be unplugged, even with the battery out and PSU switched off it still kept the settings stored so long as it was plugged in. Damn useless PSU switch apparently doesn't cut the power intake, I should have known that's not how things work but I'm usually half asleep while doing this stuff so I have an excuse. :wanker:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  9. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    ^ lol tried that a long time ago, we're way past that, thanks though

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Well, if you've already tried all the standard stuff (which I assume you have, lol) your best options are to either try it out in another rig... which I assume you would have already if you had access to the parts. Since you can't do that I highly recommend bitching at Gigabyte some more until they do something. If they don't the worst case scenario would be paying a computer shop to test it to prove it won't post and take pictures of that and send that to them.

It's quite disturbing to hear Gigabyte may be returning faulty items. I'm blindly loyal to Gigabyte as far as motherboard goes due to the price/performance/quality, I've never once had to RMA one of their items. Unfortunately it sounds like their RMA may be as crappy as every other company out there.

11. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    RMAed it twice to them, and have already had people test my PSU, ram and CPU in other rigs, it'd efinately the board

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Well that certainly makes it sound like the board is dead. To be 100% sure it is the board and somehow not another problem the best thing to do is to test the board itself with other parts rather than have your other parts tested.

Suddenly I'm not eager to buy Gigabyte motherboards anymore. I already had beyond horrible experiences with Asus and MSI, RMA'd pretty much every single item I ever bought from them. That leaves... DFI I guess, lol.

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    quote from Gigabyte

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE :D

hmmm the scratch is still there on my board??

14. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Nice one.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    So they did respond in the end. Good, now I can smash my motherboard with a hammer and not worry about whether or not the RMA will be smooth. :D

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    *UPDATE*

So got a new motherboard from Gigabyte 2day, set it up outside the case and booted up, hmm so looks like my suspicions were not that misguided folks, have just put it in my case now so will be setting it up, shortly

17. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    whoooooooooa wen people said xfire worked better on i7, I didn't believe it made a big difference until now lol, 1680x1050 Crysis Warhead benchmark tool enthusiast:

Phenom 9850 @ 2.7: 32FPS
    I7 920 stock: 45FPS!

that's a gain of 13 FPS, dunno bout u but I think that's awesome, think I need a bigger screen now :D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    so you got it working, cool :nerd:

well that phenom was allot slower compared to i7, you would need to OC it to at least to 4ghz or more to see same fps as you do now..

anyway, hf :p :D

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    ^ cheers bro, yeh found out just how big the difference is, just saving up for a Corsair H50 and will see if I can break 3.8Ghz on this beast

20. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    dude, that's not even a fair comparison either, a Phenom II 955 will blow that Phenom 9850 out of the water into Andromeda too. I bet my Phenom II 810 will too best that 9850.

deltatux