No monitor signal when install forceware

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by blow, Apr 28, 2008.

1. blow

blow Member

Hi all, today i tryied new beta 175.15 but after restart the monitor turn off(no video signal), i think there are some problems with refreh but how can i check it if the monitor turn off before reach the desktop?

Now with all forceware the monitor turn off before reach the desktop, to use my pc i can't install video driver now :eek3:
    I have 8800GTS an LCD and Vista 64bit...any advice?

2. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 TI
    let me get this right, you can see windows booting screen but after that you lose signal and monitor turns off?
    If thats the case, press F8 before windows loads and select "enable low-resolution video (640x480)" and see if that works

3. blow

blow Member

yes!
    I have already tried this but the monitor still turn off after booting.

4. blow

blow Member

:cry::cry: i try to install 169.25 but some problems...

Some time monitor turn off after 10-15 sec that i can see the desktop, some times i can't see even the desktop...

5. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    if you have a tv/svideo connected sometimes that becomes the first display after installing a new driver... either disconnect it or from your tv go to the control panel and switch it.

6. blow

blow Member

I havn't tv plugged and i cant go in the nvidia control panel becouse i can only start my pc in safe mode or my monitor turn off.
    And in safe mode there isn't control panel.

This is so strange.

7. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi blow.
    Try this start in safe mode, uninstall that driver, then start in windows. Go download a new driver.

8. blow

blow Member

Hi, sure but now i have some problem whit 169.xx 171.xx 174.xx, so, with al forceware!
    I can only use my pc without driver or in safe mode.

As soon as i can, i try to use a CRT monitor, so i can see if the problem is a wrong range of refresh rate...

This is incredible!