No Metal Gear Solid 4 for XboX 360

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by krayzieNRG, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mandex

mandex Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770
    i want mgs 3 and 4 for pc \o\

I had msgs2, and even it was the most damn thing to make run on pc and all the bugs (Konami didn't give support for pc owners) the game still was good.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    The graphics and insane compression used to get those graphics can only be done on blu-ray. Heck Kojima said himself he had plans for even higher resolution textures, but even Blu-Ray had it's limits.

If you put this game on the box, the graphics would be toned down by a good bit, and use multiple DVD's to the point its not even worth it.

3. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    It's funny how some people think that the graphics in MSG4 are the reason why it can only come out on Blu-Ray, yet the absolute best looking game (graphically) released to date came on ONE DVD9 disc. Hmmm, go figure. Kojima was lazy in the fact that he had the extra space on BR so he didn't have to worry about compression like most other games. I'm not saying that was a bad thing, but really, this storage based argument is VERY weak and empty. Kojima HIMSELF stated over two years ago that the game could run on the 360 relatively easy but that they were not working on a 360 version at the time.

So what if the game had to be multiple discs? A true gamer wouldn't care as long as the game was good and it came on the console they happen to own. The amount of media storage does not gaurantee a good game because I have several Blu-Ray games that show otherwise.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    They won't have to worry about anything if they just use, say, 5 dvds. 1 for every scene. I would have rather just changed a disk instead of waiting for the game to install every time there was a chapter change. Not everything about it being on Bluray was a plus. Seriously the install thing really bugs me about the PS3.
    That said, I doubt it will happen for a while if it does. They would have to do some re-wording of some scenes. Nothing to serious but enough to make it undesirable. The Apple thing isn't a big deal as Apple isn't a game company and MS 360 department is different than their PC and Zune department. So there wouldn't be any conflic of interest. It's not like it would be if a PS3 logo was on every monitor and PC in the game. Plus the fact that the Ipod graphic can easily be replaced with a Zune graphic with little work inviloved.
    So, impossible? Hardly. Unlikely? Very.

5. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    an install feature is coming to the 360 very soon..I think in september:nerd:

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This reminded me CRYSIS vs COD4 which was lame. both. COD4 was more PC system req. friendly. but maps were small, more less objects on the scene etc and a linear way o follow up.. so game can run better. CRYSIS huge map, more objects and special effects linear a bit but WAYS to follow up. and not well optimized code. after patches CRYSIS run better. but it was lame to compare both of them.

I realy like MGS4 but dont u ever think, maps r not big, not very different and alot of objects. but surely good coded well optimized. from this point, why the damn TUROK is UGLY. bad coded? PS3 hardware cant render many objects @ the same time? ahh forget it my englsh getting wore day by day so i cant express my self. :\