1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky (Procedural, open world space-sim)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Seeing as the reddit user only made this post yesterday I highly doubt that is the reason for Sean Murray being quiet on social media since the trolling started...

This is a person that received "actual" death threats for pushing the games release date back a few weeks.

And then to say Hello Games itself has been quiet does not make sense since they have released multiple updates now for No Man's Sky.

Patch Notes here: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  3. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    The real question is was it worth ruining their reputation for good for those sales? Hello Games' reputation is tarnished forever.

4. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    personally I think the hatred poured over this game has gone waaay overboard, to the point it reached abnormal proportions compared to its actual flaws.

Those 16 guys really don't deserve all the crap they've been sistematically covered with for the past two months. The NMS Steam forum has become a place where uncountable users are releasing their nerves by venting all videogaming frustrations accumulated in the past 10 years.

If I was on a mission to clear the world from idiots, I would start picking names from there.

I've been personally enjoying the game for 60 hrs and still playing.
    Imho, it isn't a minuscule fraction as bad as the www-nerd-herd now wants everyone to believe.

I feel kinda sorry for HelloGames; let's be honest, they've been exposed to an excessive amount of blame.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I agree. I just wish they could add features from Osiris. Tnen NMS would rock.

6. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
    What are you talking idiot. No one would be mad at NMS scam, but they still sell their trailers and screenshots that cant be found in game. What about them putting screenshots with stupid creatures we always encounter, and bare planets with nothing to do there.

They deserve all and more hate, because they dont even remove lies from store page in steam and in gog and in their website!

You dont start to defend because they got hate, you stop hating them after they fix stuff, not because they got some hate. <- put that into your brain.

7. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    You can't start your reply to a post like that and expect anyone to listen to you.
    Don't be offensive and wash your mouth before you talk, sir.
    Or else go post on Steam.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    They dug their own grave, they pretty much deserve all the hate they're getting, no-one to blame but themselves

They could fix it by adding the content originally promised and shown in trailers but I have a feeling they won't

9. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    Ditto, if they start delivering and stop being so silent, that would rock.

On a not-so-side-note, an interesting read on the ASA fluff, which could turn into nothing more than a reprimend (which could infact be agreeable).
    Videogamers can be real twats sometimes, especially when joined by the thousands (count me in ever so often)

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-...s_source=steam&amp;ns_linkname=0&amp;ns_fee=0

recommended to those who want to go into somewhat deeper detail and build a stronger opinion for themselves on the whole NMS crap-fest.

Then, perhaps, discussion wouldn't always have to begin with 'you're an idiot'

10. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
    Its very good tactic. Call someone an idiot and then explain with true facts. If a person ignores the facts then he is idiot. Well in your case I guess you are alright. So why you defend them?

11. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
    Yeah that article is idiotic. Can ads be deceptive? Thats what they talk about. Its illegal. Its like buying nike online and you get wooden sandals. Seriously there is no place for debates at all.

12. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    I might add that I have no intention to defend them
    I'm just pointing out how the bashing has grown way out of proportions.
    HG do have their faults, but turning them into a scape-goat for the past 10 years of videogaming crap is totally exagerate, imho.

Oh, and also: for god's sake people, pls STOP pre-ordering.

13. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    Wow. Why am I not surprised?

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Just great Guru3D turning into 4chan and the steam forums.... I'm too old for this ****.

15. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    8Gb Sapphire 390X Nitro
    believe it or not, me too.
    It's a continuous fight on whether to simply stop posting.

I thought the article was interesting because lawyers that have been involved with gaming lawsuits were trying to explain the difference between a 'legit complaint' and a 'legit LEGAL complaint' with particular reference to the NMS case and the reasons for which people keep calling the developers liars (mainly due to post-release disillusionment) and the possibility of obtaining a refund based on those reasons themselves.

The point is not whether there are or there aren't at all any debates:
    I was trying to understand whether the whole ASA thing against NMS is a huge exagerated bubble (the way I see it) and whether it has any legal value, as well as the possible ripercussions; not according to me or No1True, but according to what type of behaviour and consequences the law dictates in such a situation.

I would personally mind for HG to suddenly go out of business, since I like the game and still hope it receives updates and/or added content.

If this is anything close to defending them while being an idiot, then you can call me that.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Feels bad man.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Looks like things are starting to happen

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    The colors of the game look so ****.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the overly blown out pastel look to the colors is one of the big things that instantly puts me off the game.
    I understand it's an artistic direction and a stylistic choice, but, it's one that doesn't work for me.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Update 1.1 is out (Or 0.1 if they're calling it "foundation" for the groundwork for the rest of the game...heh.) at a 1.3 GB download.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/154641879461749345/

EDIT:
    http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016