No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's bad for the game and bad for the players, but Hello Games couldn't be happier at the moment. They made huge money on that still with $/€ 60 per sale, so from a financial view, the game was successful.

The question is, what will they make of that experience? No refunds, not added features (they already said they won't be able to do everything for free that gets added), so... the question is, if they would survive the next game, if they ever get to release another one.

2. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Yeah, from business perspective, they achieved what they wanted, made money. And that is basically 90% of logic in todays games. Wouldn't be surprised if they stay silent for like two years and then suddenly announce No Man's Sky 2 and launch huge marketing campaign again.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    They are working on new content that will be added via updates... one is base building and another is ability to own a large freighter ship.

I'm still kind of waiting for TAA antialiasing and the new cloud tech, those two were mentioned early on but I guess they are trying to sort out the bugs first before implementing new features.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I still think it's a great game. It has issues and lack of content.
    I think they failed with the PR and getting in bed with Sony was a mistake.
    I'm sure they pushed up the price. I would still recommend this game if on 50% sale.

I would also like planet rotation. WFT! A space game without rotating planets? Crafting would've have been cool...like Starbound.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

5. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    Yes Ive got identical mail reply aswell.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Some screenshots~

Wanted this ship but it was espensivvvvvvv.........
    [​IMG]

Found these strange floating jelly fish looking things, when you mined them they gave something called Radnox.... 70 hours in and never seen that before :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gleam Of What?
    [​IMG]

Korvax can you not *__*
    [​IMG]

Currently on a moon collecting these.. still trying to save for a better ship.. all the good ones are so expensive..
    [​IMG]

Cool view..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    I wish the pop in was fixed.....im getting textures still generating 5 mtrs in front of me....is that the norm or is something amiss here.

@Kisshot Yep Vortex cubes are the shizz.....If you can salvage one from a ship tech it should give you the ability to stack 100 in a single slot....although lately it seems they took away this feature?

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    The POP kills me in this game.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @stalkerfan I think that bug has been fixed... you can't stack them anymore...

I wish there was a distance setting for the grain fade in :<

Found a second system discovered by someone else... It turned out he hadn't gone to any of the planets, he must have just jumped there then left strait away..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Check out some of these weird creatures:

[​IMG]
    One of those radox creatures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These things are huge. Second pic is with me under the creature.

[​IMG]
    And this one is just plain funny... :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That last shot actually looked cool.

12. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Just been looking at this game. so a quick question is this a buy now or wait for a sale on Steam

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wait for a sale.

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Yup, wait for sale. Should be on sale this dec during steam holiday sale.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well if they are forbidden to use the same material for advertising than they did before, they just... make new in game scenes. Doesn't change anything, actually, because I do think people will wait for sales now.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Seeing as the reddit user only made this post yesterday I highly doubt that is the reason for Sean Murray being quiet on social media since the trolling started...

This is a person that received "actual" death threats for pushing the games release date back a few weeks.

And then to say Hello Games itself has been quiet does not make sense since they have released multiple updates now for No Man's Sky.

Patch Notes here: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  19. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    The real question is was it worth ruining their reputation for good for those sales? Hello Games' reputation is tarnished forever.

20. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    personally I think the hatred poured over this game has gone waaay overboard, to the point it reached abnormal proportions compared to its actual flaws.

Those 16 guys really don't deserve all the crap they've been sistematically covered with for the past two months. The NMS Steam forum has become a place where uncountable users are releasing their nerves by venting all videogaming frustrations accumulated in the past 10 years.

If I was on a mission to clear the world from idiots, I would start picking names from there.

I've been personally enjoying the game for 60 hrs and still playing.
    Imho, it isn't a minuscule fraction as bad as the www-nerd-herd now wants everyone to believe.

I feel kinda sorry for HelloGames; let's be honest, they've been exposed to an excessive amount of blame.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016