No Man's Sky (Procedural, open world space-sim)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Lying?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it wasn't the best of shots lol, I see them occasionally, I`ll screenshot if I see again

Head on the right with little feelers sticking up

[​IMG]

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ohh!! I think I've seen something similar!

[​IMG]

Here is a creature that sort of looks like a dinosaur cow thingie.

[​IMG]

This game makes me take so many screenshots haha..

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Looks very similar, but the one in my screen is all red and walks slowly, is placid and won't hurt you, just looks like a giant walking ant lol

Bottom one looks like something from an alien my little pony :D

5. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    I found a rather large quadruped with a nasty zit on its back lol

[​IMG]

Then later a winged wolf of some type

[​IMG]

6. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    I'm too lazy to go through 42 pages. How's the game run? Initial reviews said it had horrible stuttering and high latency, have any patches fixed those issues? I'm not worried about filters and chromatic abberation, etc. Just how well the game runs at max settings.

7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Funny how this game makes me appreciate Spore even more. :)

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The game is running pretty good for me and I only have an FX 8320, from what I understand your cpu is more powerful than mine, you also have a lot more memory and a much more powerful video card.

I have an SSD also, not sure how much that helps *shrugs*

Wow at that first one he is like DO YOU EVEN LIFT...

9. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Runs ok for me....you have different hardware tho so even someone with the same specs as you will no doubt have a different experience.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Lies?

If you are referring to it being advertised as a multiplayer game, it has always stated singleplayer on steam and gog.

It looks like it will be getting a co-op mode via an update which was mentioned in an interview a few weeks ago along with some cool new features.

The hate train for this game is pretty ridiculous at the moment, if it was a bad game I'd be like yeah that game sucks... but it isn't a bad game so I find the hate it's receiving kind of ridiculous, it's basically fud being spread by people who thought it was going to be a mmo space sim.

"The company will go bankrupt by 2017"... quite the assumption...

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I haven't played it for a few days :x

There are more people playing NMS at the moment than there are Black Ops 3...

Check out the tags Damien!! one is Illuminati... xD

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    A fun and gorgeous mod for people getting bored with the landscapes. It scales up the size of vegetation and rocks. Drawbacks are possible performance, LOD and clipping issues. It also changes every planet not just random ones. It is compatible with the Low Flight mod -- flying through the vegetation just slows you down.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/bigthings/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also an Enhanced Rain and/or Fog Effects mod, compatible with the Big Things mod above.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/rain-effects-raid-packed/

[​IMG]

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I see a new patch is out. No idea what it does.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I haven't experienced any stutter myself that was reported.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    "Countless Things" ?

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    So no different to Ubisoft then?

19. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    I would suggest you to re-watch some of the interviews and trailers. Sean have said and shown so much stuff, that it is basically hard to sum all things on one page.

Like that iconic dinosaur from trailers and pictures. People disected game files and found there is no actual animal combination that can make such a creature, but they found unused asset with the same dinosaur and it is not used anywhere in the game.

In trailers they showed how aliens land on a planet. These same cruisers that float space for no reason right now was supposed to be a faction ships and you could join to one or other faction and go to space battles with tons of ships. And those same cruisers would fly around a system and even land on the planets. And all that stuff is actually shown in the trailers how a huge cruiser lands on a planet and that was a spectacular view to see that huge ship.

They even showed more varied planets, like sand planets and it was shown in the damn trailer, a "dune" type planet consisting of only sand. Where are those now? There are none.

Deadly planets with literally extreme conditions, where you can't even go safely outside your ship. Like a planet with over 700 degrees celsius temperature on it. Or just empty planets with no atmosphere on them and zero life forms. There are non also, every five meters there is an alien building on every corner and on every possible planet.

And what about the whole universe thing? The whole universe thing was said to be a single sandbox playground and what we have right now? Every system is a small box and you can't go far away from it, you just bump into a wall. And what's even worse is that all systems are static. Planets are placed at random spots. Sean talked about it in multiple interviews how planets would rotate around suns and planet temperature would affect by how far planet is from sun and how we could travel whenever we want and all day and night cycles would be different depending on planet speed and rotation. He joked about how when you travel in war speed is that actually you are traveling this fast and game is not loading anything, while actually right now warp animation is the actual loading screen and it always the same length and travel distance doesn't matter. And multiple times it was said that it would be a physics driven game. Planets having different gravity levels. All stuff is static in the game.

There was said also about how exploration would be limited by your exosuit and ship upgrades. For example, to land on certain planets you need certain ship upgrades, because you just die in there.

Sean also talked about teleportation, like these portals, similar to Stargate series, where you enter one of them and you will be teleported to some distant planet. Where are they, there are none.

Buildings shown in the trailers does not even exist in the game files. Same as weapons and ships. We could understand that is was early build, but c'mon some of them looked cool. An some of the aesthetic elements are gone, like flags moving in the wind. Have you see a single flag in this game? Me neither.

Oh, and multiplayer elements in the game. There are none, but somehow they said there would be. He said that you be able to see other players flying around and fight in space wars, you will see another players going to space stations, landing on planets and you will be see each other exploring stuff, gathering materials. You will be complete strangers, but you will be able to see see each other doing stuff. But I guess that really is just a minor stuff, is it?

Some of the UI/UX elements are gone. Like a feature to scan a planet to see it's elemental structure. In trailers they even shown how the player could get more detailed information about the planets atmosphere, like o2, co2 and other elements containing in the air.

Animals and animations are gone from the trailers. Like birds sitting on a tree and when you go near that tree, all birds just scatters away from you. Animals eating grass, animals in groups just running wild.

Why would somebody show gameplay of the stuff that wouldn't make to the final game? And also why would anybody talk about the other stuff that, which wouldn't make to the final release, either?

I mean, even the graphics in final release looks like crap. In the trailers they shown sand storms, fog effects. Rain looked awesome. Right now rain looks like an old man is pissing on your exosuit. In the trailers asteriods in space looked more clear and you can see them a lot further away. Right now they just pops in front of you from nowhere.

I mean, I like the game, but after rewatching some E3 trailers and seeing some of the interviews, this made me sad. And if you like the game in it's current state, don't watch those videos. Just enjoy the game.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Perhaps they needed to release the game on the stated date and decided to leave some things out? I don't know I don't work at Hello Games.

I have seen dinosaurs myself, I haven't seen a sand planet yet but I haven't gone to all the planets "yet" lol.. perhaps in a few billion years?

It seems a bit silly to be angry at not being able to find the specific dinosaur shown in a very early tech demo, in a video game that uses procedurally created creatures.

There is bounty hunting in the game which I don't remember being shown in the trailers....

It will certainly be interesting to see what features are added post release, I am looking forward to TAA antialiasing and the new cloud tech~