No Man's Sky (Procedural, open world space-sim)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Is Steam the only place you can buy this game for PC? At £39.99?

I do want this game but paying over £30 for any PC game these days seems like daylight robbery to me. Most PC games cost me £25 or less from places like CDKeys.com, which is why this game seems offensively expensive.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    There should be some alternative stores although how reputable those are I can't say beyond Gamersgate and Green Man Gaming being mostly OK and legit though they don't offer the best prices.
    (EDIT: But neither of them have this game, some developers can be a bit picky with third party retailers though come to think of it there should be a GOG version of the game too although it's separate from Steam and might see a delay with patch releases plus some other features that would need the Steam API.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It looks like it, not seeing anywhere to buy this game that isn't a stolen key website or steam

Edit

Here, a few places http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

May as well get it from humble, steam key with more profit to the developers

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Reading this thread has seriously crippled my hype towards this game, and pretty much changed my expectations counter clockwise. And I haven't even seen vids... thanks, I guess.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Playing on PS4. seems fine and i MUST say SSD on my PS4 gives boost on loading. in the very beginning of the game, game loaded in fast .compared to what? compared to videos i watched today.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The trick is to not care what other people think about something you are interested in.

Posted this previous page, it's just the game being played and being talked about by the dev, there are no real spoilers... just simple gameplay showing what the game is.

I understand not everyone will like this game, but I won't let their opinions fade my excitement for something I am excited for, and neither should anyone else.

7. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Nope. GOG version also available:

https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

DRM Free, that's what I will always go for. I personally can't stand Steam or any third-party DRM superfluous crap software.

But yeah, same price though.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Sean xD

[​IMG]

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Thanks might get it from GOG, Steam price for New Zealand is $89.95

10. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Cheapest I can find is $62 AUD on GOG. Haven't checked Steam but it's likely to be another $20 and the cd key sites are more expensive than GOG which is strange because they are usually the cheapest. It's hardly an AAA game but I guess the hype is driving prices up.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Ended up buying it on Steam for £40 but I feel dirty doing so! I must admit that watching those first impressions videos are making me a bit worried as the game looks very much like Minecraft meets Spore. Not necessarily a bad thing if you like those games but I was hoping for more depth and something that was more narrative driven. Still, there's always the SteM refund if the game doesn't grab me in the first hour, which is one of the reasons I decided to buy it from them direct rather than GOG.

The FOV in the PS4 version looks horrid though; far too zoomed in and I hope this can be widened on PC otherwise I will get motion-sickness. The game does look nice visually and hopefully it will give my GTX 1080 FTW card a good run for its money maxed out when I get it (hopefully) tomorrow. I just pray that the game has more depth to it than what I've seen so far.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. Anyone interested in buying my EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC, please PM me... £250 + p&p costs, UK only if possible. Ta.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I believe we will be able to change FOV on the PC version.... if memory serves Sean hinted at this being one of the pc features being worked on in the ama on reddit the other day.

This game is kind of like the original elite when you think about it.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    ... how is buying it from GoG any different from CDKeys.com, GreenManGaming, G2A, or any other site like that? I find it hard to believe that you'd be able to buy the game from ANYWHERE, and not have to activate it somehow to play it online, or at least activate it ONCE and be able to play offline as well.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    GoG version is Steam free version, CDKeys & GMG are selling Steam keys I think?... and then there are those **** eaters known as G2A.

You can also get it from Hello Games directly which gives you a Steam Key.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GoG isnt a grey market re seller, their keys are theirs, G2A and the like are a risk you have to be willing to take. You can loose what you bought since even if not always, stolen/cc ***** keys gets de-activated/you loose the game. And of course you your self have to be ok with buying such stolen keys regardless of what happens to your key.

also lol, it seems the forum censors the word fr-aud? wut?

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  18. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
  19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    make that 3

And i don't get how people say sites like G2A and CDKeys are a "risk". I've never had an issue with them. And i'm pretty sure if keys started getting deactivated because of them being purchased via fra*dulent means... they'd have probably had a lot of legal action against them from aggravated customers.

still don't quite understand "their keys are theirs"..... how does a game reselling website have their own keys for a game that's NOT their own? Kinda puzzles me a bit. That, and supposedly not being required to activate the game?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    GoG sell a version of No Man's Sky that does not use Steam, it is a no drm version, I'm not sure how the whole player name thing will work with that to be honest, maybe it will be just like making a user name for a save game and then that is your in game name.

G2A can honestly go and **** themselves.