No Man's Sky (Procedural, open world space-sim)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    I've looked for them for US/Global keys.... but it seems you'd only save a few bucks at most. I just bought it on Steam for a) simplicity, b) potential pre-loading opportunity that you aren't always guaranteed with key sites, and c) the pre-order bonus you might not get if you buy a key from a key site

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Key sites are becoming only useful fr sales now as they dont really sell new releases for that much cheaper like they use to.

Most key sites are selling the majority of new releases for the same price as steam.

4. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    I wouldn't exactly say that. I've gotten a couple games quite recently for a decent chunk under retail. I mean... the most recent one's i have are Doom, which i bought on release day for $37. Pre-ordered The Division for about the same. Just Cause 3 i pre-ordered for $25.99. Also pre-ordered Black Ops 3 for $38.99, WITH the Nuketown map.

I think it all depends on what kind of wiggle room they can spare. Kinda like how right now on one of the sites i usually buy keys from (cdkeys.com), they have Battlefield 1 for $43.99, and Deus Ex: Mankind Dividied for $36. CoD: Infinite Warfare they also have for $36. Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2 for $40.... Watch Dogs 2 for $37..... the list goes on.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  6. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I hate achievement pop-ups in games these days (see 5:35 in this video). Because it's not obvious enough that you've accomplished anything through gameplay alone, we'll let you know how awesome you are and how awesome of a time you're having with an achievement pop-up.

Game itself might be fun to play, depending on the depth of its mechanics.

7. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    Same here. Just play it.

Ego-stroking is for the self-centered. Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I still remember getting an achievement just for starting a new, when i got my x360

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Did the same now too, yes. Got it over with, waiting for release now...

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Are there land vehicles like mechs or bikes?

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hmm ... lukewarm first impressions.

KissShot, you ok? :p

13. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
    Okay so i watched that dude play this game a bit.. and i had a thought, what you do when you get full ship of resources? kind of pointless to land in other planets? Then what?

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Use it to repair things and build new ship parts or equipment. Other stuff you sell to buy ship parts or equipment. There's a faction reputation thing as well

I think it's a pretty standard looking upgrade cycle for a space game

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Well, i already bought my copy. If it doesn't live up to my expectations i'll just do a steam refund.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thing is, will you know in two hours? Because after the leak I'm not sure about it any more.

Also, that guy's an ass. Says he bought it to not have any leaks out that spoil his fun, yet does it himself. Somebody is being hypocritic there.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    All i can say is at this point, i've purchased SOOOO many games that i either no longer play, or CAN no longer play (servers shut down being the usual culprit).... dropping $60 on this doesn't seem like that bad of a gamble for how much it seems like you can do in it. Not to mention i can't imagine it being a case of "TADA! Here's the game!" and then nothing else added on to it.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Well, if the game doesn't suck in me in the first 2 hours then i'll refund.
    I don't mind me i get 60+ hours out.

I'm buying this game more for relaxing and exploring. It's something new and different.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes me too, 'getting there' is what's intriguing to me. Still wouldn't know if it doesn't wear off after 5 hours. Well, I preorderd, we'll see how it goes next week (if the release date holds...)

20. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Anyone try this software http://en.spaceengine.org/ it is free for now and uses procedurally generated galaxies, stars, planets, solar systems and more for exploration right down to the planet surface. Sort of a poor man's "No Man's Sky" simulation.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016