No major WHQL-driver this month?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PoeX, Mar 29, 2011.

1. PoeX

PoeX New Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 560Ti 1GB
    Hello,

I thought Nvidia was suppose to release a major driver this month? We're at the end of it and it has not been release, granted, it could get release at any sec now but I've head rumours about next month instead.

Does anyone have more information about this?

// PoeX

2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There hasn't been an official Geforce release for anything other than the 560/590 since January.

3. PoeX

PoeX New Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 560Ti 1GB
    As I suspected, thanks ethne.

I sure hope they give us a good driver soon. They're falling behind ATI in my opinion.

// PoeX

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yup, the 590 has not had a good launch and the lack of drivers specifically because they were working on 590 drivers is a major slap in the face to people who spent money on their other cards.

Here's hoping we get something soon :)

(Beginning of April supposedly)

5. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    The thing is though, and i'm playing devils advocate here as I too like seeing proper WHQL's for all cards, nVidia must know people use modded inf's and they know that their unified drivers will work for other cards so they probably dont see it as a problem and just issue WHQL for new products to cover their arse for those who don't have a clue about modding etc.

I was slightly confused that they released new mobile drivers for all cards last week though (great for me :p ) and not for desktop but I think everyone's waiting for the magical new 270 driver to boost performance, add new features and fix everything.

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Well, lots of different drivers that break one thing and fix another are unhelpful and confusing.

They know very well that people mod the infs but there is absolutely no cohesion at the moment with regards to their drivers.

Personally, I'm not impressed and I object to having to wait for drivers simply because they are trying to plug their new card.

I doubt the 270.xx set will be anything 'magical' but let's hope that it is at least a step forward and a return to a more structured release schedule :)

7. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti Du
    Next month. Early April we will see a new driver - The source is - nvidia forums (official forums). No link sry

8. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I really need a new official one with direct Crysis 2 support for my 9800GTX... can't play the damn game longer than an hour before it locks the system up. :|

9. lordvj

lordvj Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 512MB
    no problems for me with a GTS250 using 267.91

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I was wondering the same thing the past few days...

11. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    IMO they have to wipe the whole driver database and make a fresh start(driver v1.0) with everything clean and secure... rewrite the whole code if it have to. The exact same thing that AMD did some time ago. Like many of you may ask right now "Why they should do that?" and the answer is, because there is TONS of issues that needs to be fixed, and when they fix 1 thing, the screw another... which is the pure evidance of driver code mess.
    -Wipe the whole damn thing!
    -Start all over, this thime try to make it as clean as possible.
    -Release it "when its ready" but make it true.
    And everyone will be happy :)

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    nVidia never guarranteed a "driver a month"....and this BS about nVidia not releasing drivers because they know people mod their drivers, is nothing but BS as nVidia knows that there are really few people who use modded drivers compared to those that use official drivers.

nVidia has been more concerned lately with releasing new cards and compatible drivers. They're working on Kepler, which I'm betting they're hoping people will jump to and forget all about the problems that Fermi cards have had.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    265.90 still one of the best drivers.

14. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    That's also a GTS 250, I'm still on a 9800GTX and the specs say 8800. Normally my upgrade cycle is about now so I'm considering a few options but money is a factor currently that I just don't have to spend on very high end. I was hoping the drivers would solve the issue as I don't believe the card is causing it - it runs everything else fine.

15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    or maybe, the new drivers are using the same base driver as the previous one, and all theyve added is support for new cards and tweaks to make sure the new cards run fine.

if you go to the nvidia website, it basically tells you what driver its based on. not a lot has changed in a fair while in the nvidia drivers. to me, this is more of an 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'. havent had any issues with any games yet.

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Go for GTX560ti, great card with great price. Or the 6950 from ATI is good.

17. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I dont care about WHQL... But a new (even beta) set would be nice with all the games we've had launch this month. There has to be a newer set with some fixes or optimizations...

18. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS rog strix 3080
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The drivers are here NOW for all cards... v270.51... but sadly not certified as yet, they'll arrive in the next two weeks.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    and they suck, still same issues as by both 270.28 and 270.32!

well i already reported their incompetent at nv forum:biggun:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011