No hardware acceleration anymore

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by MoRpheuSx, Mar 3, 2004.

1. MoRpheuSx

MoRpheuSx Guest

Hello everyone! I have a serious problem. I have a Diamond Viper 550 16Mb AGP with detonator drivers ver. 6.14.10.4523(eng) windows XP prof (eng)/no service pack installed DirectX8.1 (XP preinstalled) all worked perfectly untill i used nVHardPage after that i dont have hardware acceleration anymore. :( I reinstalled the drivers and the problem remains.I tryied RivaTuner but nothing again. In DxDiag DirectDraw Direct3D and AGP texture acceleration are all reported as not available. My games all look very ugly (e.g. Wheel of time/Unreal engine in 1024x768 res) and some others (e.g. Falcon 4.0) dont even detect 3D hardware (only 640x480 software mode available). I think the only solution may be to install Dx9b but i dislike the idea because the last time i installed it i had to reinstall windows after that.. The best known solution (aka "Reinstall Windows") is maybe my last choise but i d prefer digging in the registry by myself to re-enable 3D acceleration if i knew what to search for. Any ideas?? Plzzzzz help! :(

2. JoeJoe

JoeJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7300GT
    Did you try to uninstall that software, then uninstall the driver, then use drivercleaner 2, then install a fresh new driver?

I suppose that the problem comes from NVhardpage, so what settings did you change in that soft?

3. MoRpheuSx

MoRpheuSx Guest

Unfortunately nVHardPage doesnt have unistall you just delete its folder and as i imagine the registry changes that it made remain.All the settings i made in the program was to improve the image quality. I have selected some settings which i knew my videocard doesnt support but i thought that if its not in the hardware it will just wont work and thats all e.g anisotropic filtering (after all the program gave me the chance of selecting them).When i saw how bad the image quality became i tryied to reset the settings.. it said "this will delete all nVidia D3D registry settings" and i thought that after deleting it will replace them.. if not.. i would just have to reinstall the drivers.. Now i think its deeper than that... i already installed dx9b and the new nVidia drivers and the problem remains so i m in the preperation of formating the drive :(

4. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    Hmm ... this is interesting problem, because nVHardPage cant disable HW acceleration. So do as write JoeJoe - uninstall old drivers, use driver cleaner for deleting old driver files and install new drivers. Try reinstall your AGP driver too.

5. JoeJoe

JoeJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7300GT
    I suppose that you see the post Unwinder reply in Rivatuner Forum.
    One last thing to try is to unplug you card, then reinsert it.
    It seems to be stupid, but in some cases it "reset" windows, and it check it as if it was a new hardware. Combined with driver cleaner 2, you should resolve your prob.
    If not, the only last solution I see to know if your card is not hardwared damaged, is the formatting of your drive... hmmm I know this is out of this thread, but why are you using WinXP Pro on a celeron 400@468, with 256 Mb of RAM ??? If you format your harddisk, try install another OS (I suggest Win2k, but I am really not sure it takes less ressource )

Oh, I'm thinking on a last thing to try: in display control panel, advanced properties, there is some option for material acceleration, check if it's not disabled...