No Game Ready Driver for Watch Dogs Legion?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Oct 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Very strange! Where is the Game Ready Driver for Watch Dogs Legion? Maybe has been delayed as Cyberpunk 2077 :D

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Yea im hoping a driver improves the performance. So far outside of the intro mission it runs like ass.

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  3. i hope so too :(

4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Ain't that pretty much how Ubisoft games work? :)

Aldek and Haki like this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Well there's D3D12 now but Ghost Recon Breakpoint implemented Vulkan and I think for Ampere benchmarks whether D3D11 or Vulkan it's still one of the worst gaining games to be tested although that's Anvil and from a separate studio this is some update of Disrupt but yeah, kinda.

DLSS kinda forces it to run well from what I can find for benchmark results but the lowest reported framerate is really bad on a 3090 GPU and a Intel 10900k CPU which should handily outright eliminate any hardware bottleneck for the GPU and CPU side of things, there's nothing faster at least.
    (It improves but still dips lower than expected from 17 FPS at 3840x2160 to 59 FPS ultra performance DLSS so barely hitting 60 scaling the resolution by I think this is a factor of 9 at this final level.)

D3D11 and D3D12 but I would hope D3D12 resolves the CPU limitations somewhat but there's testing with and without RTX with and without DLSS and it's still kinda meh for the 3080 and 3090 which with RTX disabled the game shouldn't be a problem for these cards.

Watch_Dogs 2 performance sorta tanked if the user started going with the extended view distance as a draw call D3D11 bottleneck not sure what the issue is here could be something similar but I think by now this probably has dropped TXAA support so no MSAA to also drag the performance down.

Shadows and reflections perhaps even with reflection ray-tracing / RTX reflections disabled.
    Going to need more test results and settings comparisons to see what's really going on here with the bigger demanding options outside of DLSS scaling it through sorta brute forcing and RTX which well it's demanding that's a given.

Going to be curious to see how well Assassin's Creed Valhalla fares also having been D3D11 bottlenecked in Origins and Odyssey and now getting D3D12 support but that's also back to a new build of the Anvil engine.

Disrupt is what something like Far Cry 4's Dunia and Assassin's Creed 4's Anvil engine combined I believe though updated of course since then and the first game came out.

EDIT: But maybe NVIDIA can do something for performance even if it's D3D12 (With D3D11 supported.) not like it's impossible just that it's more focused on the developers getting it right and utilizing these resources well.

Might be similar to other Ubisoft launches as well and even with the current 1.1 update it'll be a few more patches and some pretty lengthy changelogs before it's all stabilized and improved.
    Not all of their games launch in a dismal state though but the updates and what these do have been fairly consistent for a few years.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Probably Thursday in Cali time.

7. smashmambo

smashmambo Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    I've been playing this for the last couple of hours and the performance is dodgy. The in-game benchmark does not represent the actual performance of the game at all.

8. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
  9. Cali time what?o_O

10. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070

Cali...

; )

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  11. 3 AM thursday 29th October

12. Tone

Tone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Waterfor
    There is supposed to be a performance patch coming to PC on 30/10/2020 so a new Nvidia driver will most likely come late today or tomorrow
    Watch Dogs Legion October 30th Update Release Notes
    • Made several improvements to PC performance
    • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
    • Fixed an issue that caused?framerate?drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
    • Improved the framerate performance when driving
    • Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched?on a console set?to TURKISH, INDONESIAN,?GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI?languages

JonasBeckman likes this.
  13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just had to have a bit of patience haha