No Direct x 11 Direct compute tesselation 9.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by olapaulakoski, Dec 21, 2009.

1. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

I have Win7 Ultimate x64, and it works fine here. Did you try reinstalling the drivers? That is a real shame you can't get DX11 to work. If I were you, I'd be getting to the bottom of it ASAP to figure out what the heck the problem is. :bang:

2. Remekra

Remekra Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    But I guess you dont have RC version, and maybe this is where the problem is.
    I tried reinstalling the drivers many times(also with driver sweeper) and still it wasn't working. Now I'm using older drivers, and DX11 works fine, but I would really like to install new drivers, maybe then I would have some performance boost, and most of all maybe it would fix strange shadows in GTA IV, and Crysis would run normally, not with the artifacts.

3. obiwan07

obiwan07 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/NVidia
    Just read again what AMD says at it's site:

4. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Win7 x64

[​IMG]

Vista x86

[​IMG]

5. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900
    Exactly. Any driver release that preceeds the driver that you are currently installing is considered a legacy driver.

6. obiwan07

obiwan07 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/NVidia
    No this are the legacy display drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Legacy drivers would most likely be drivers before a certain Catalyst Install Manager version as the current one can handle uninstallation and installation a bit better by removing the current driver and CCC version and then installing the latest one, as per WDDM in Vista and especially Windows 7 you don't even need to reboot afterwards as the driver will "reset" (Screen turns black for a short while during installation.)

I'd recommend a clean install for beta versions and especially leaked beta versions however and as covered in a thread to the 9.12 display drivers it seems the install manager might not remove all traces before installing the new drivers, probably doesn't affect anything but worth knowing. :)

8. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Well i thought i find out myself.:) Borrowed windows 7 64 retail from a friend, did upgrade tested direct x, reinstalled rc tested direct x "no dx11". Clean install rc/rtm tested again both.

Phew...

Going on for almost 2 days and boring as hell it was.

But now i have an answer to you guys and to myself. Direct x 11 support is now gone from windows 7 rc! And if you think otherwise check sdk caps viewer and heaven bench "wireframe on" it is lying to you.:)

In windows 7 rtm my windows experience score for both aero and gaming graphics went up from rc 6.5 to 7.4 in release.:) Driver kicks ass in the retail version.

And dx 11 is back in stalker, heaven caps viewer etc.:)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  9. Remekra

Remekra Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    There is DX11 in RC version, because I have it. As I said before I installed drivers from CD that was with the 5770 and DX11 works normally. In Heaven tesselation is working(checked with wireframe), in Stalker benchmark too, and in DIRT 2 too.

10. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    I know. But i dont want to use any driver before 9.12 or the horrible ones on my cd.:) I just want dx 11 to work on 9.12 in rc.

11. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I also run 9.12hotfix and Windows 7 rtm, don't have any problems with dx11.

Some other users experience also problems with W7 rc and 9.12 ,no dx11

12. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
  13. scorpeeon

scorpeeon Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility/HD 4670/1 GB
    i have the newest hotfix driver and the 2.0 stream sdk and only opencl seems to be supported, no directcompute. is is because i have only a 4670?

14. Yadda

Yadda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1200/6400
    EDIT: After a reboot I'm back to no tesselation.

---------------------------------------------------------

I finally have tessellation in Heaven!!! (I don't know about Directcompute & opencl yet, haven't checked). I don't know if it's the new 9.12 hotfix driver (I had no luck with 9.11 or 9.12 non-hotfix) or the extra precautions I took during install that did the trick, but something has.

Here's what I did (things I did differently this time are highlighted in blue).

Disabled Avast (free edition).
    Quit Zonealarm.
    Uninstalled Heaven (before drivers instead of after).

Add/remove programs, ATi Install manager, express remove everything.
    Reboot into safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, remove all ATi display files.
    Reboot normally.
    Install drivers (9.12 Hotfix drivers this time).
    Install Heaven.
    Run Heaven, tessellation works!

15. China Mark

China Mark Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB (1040/1275)
    I currently have Windows 7 64bit Ultimate edition, but it's the RC 7100 build and that doesn't support DirectCompute. From what I've read on other forums, people with the 7600 build are OK.

OpenCL is fine.

DirectX 11 and tesselation works fine for me on the 7100 build, but I'm kinda bummed that DC isn't supported. Guess I'm gonna have to shell out for the retail version sooner rather than later!

16. Yadda

Yadda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1200/6400
    Unfortunately I get this problem (see my previous posts in this thread) and I'm using Windows 7 x64 Home Premium 7600 build.

17. China Mark

China Mark Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB (1040/1275)
    Someone on another forum suggested rolling back to the 9.11 drivers. I tried it and it all works. I now have OpenCL and DirectCompute:)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  18. JumperR

JumperR Master Guru

GPU:
    GtX 570 @ 900/1950
    SAME PROBLEM! How to fix this crap? :)

19. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    phew boy am I happy to find this thread .Now same problem here too ,anybody found a solution ?

20. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    everthing is ok, i think
    windows 7 ult. build 7600
    9.12 hotfix+opencl drivers

Only problem is in dirt2, when cfx is enabled ,i don't see the water splashed on the cars window. When cfx is disabled everything is ok and i see the water on the window.
    Driver bug?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010