No Chance to OC X1950PRO 512MB

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Picknatari, Dec 29, 2006.

1. StApostol

StApostol New Member

GPU:
    MSI X1950 Pro 256MB
    Interesting. After some more testing with the new beta, it seems driver level overclocking works provided you have the CCC open at the same time, that is, you can move the sliders and set new clocks until you close CCC.

[edit]: jaska915, I can confirm your discovery. Good catch!

2. spookywillow

spookywillow Member

GPU:
    asus 5870
    following on from jaska915 and StApostol findings i tested some more.

i havent tested low level yet but heres some results from driver level (seems low level and driver level cannot overclock in increments of less than 7mhz.

CCC does not need to be open for driver level clocking to work, in my case increasing clocks by 7mhz or less(show as DDR unchecked) reset the clocks to default when i hit apply.

increasing clocks in steps from 8mhz - 13mhz gave 6.75mhz clock increase

increasing clocks in steps from 14mhz - 20mhz gave 14mhz clock increase

increasing clocks in steps of 21mhz gave 20.25mhz clock increase

i never went higher as 21mhz increments are steep enough and i just got this card so im not killing it lol

so to get overclocking working you need to increase in steps of atleast 8mhz :grad:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  3. Blackhawk44M

Blackhawk44M Member

GPU:
    2X ATi X1950Pro (reference PCB)
    Well I can tell you that there is something on the driver side that is working against ray and others.There just seems to be too many variables jumping up here.I was overclocking fine untill I setup crossfire but now nothing (CCC 7.1) , idk but I am about to ask ray to let me send him one of my cards.I really didnt mess with it much but I am going to do that right now , brb

4. titomax82

titomax82 New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC 8800GT
    i'm very interested in this discussion since I can't oc my sapphire x1950pro at all

mine is agp version, does it matter? is there something else to consider respect to the pci-express version or is the same?

5. spookywillow

spookywillow Member

GPU:
    asus 5870
    should be the smae tbh, just get the latest beta ati tray tools and use driver level and use increments of 8mhz or more.

6. titomax82

titomax82 New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC 8800GT
    i'm using lates beta version and i think there's a bug in the fps counter. it shows a double frame rate, for example the integrated 3dmark'06 counter shows a values, but the att shows it doubled. another exampled: if i set v-sync on with my 60Hz lcd, it shows 120fps

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Fixed already. Download new beta version.