Nioh

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  2. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

Could'n get into any dark souls games gameplay style, but this one because of the whole ninja,samurai style, I might actually buy it.

And the game has full support for PS4 pro with movie mode (30fps full glory..), action mode (60fps 1080p with less details) and 4K support.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Got an email about a "last chance demo". I Installed it because it has the option for 60 fps. I hope I like it!

6. Drhax

Drhax Member

GPU:
    Rx 480
    Gameplay looks pretty good, loved the Dark souls series hopefully this lives up to the hype.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    first game on ps4 i will buy in like 2 years, still have bought MGS 5:pP cause I hear the usa verison is missing chapter 3? yet Japan version has it? or it incomplete game?

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    the last chance demo is very cool compared to the 1st crappy demo they released

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I finally defeated Tachibana Muneshige! That guy was a tough SOB!!! I don´t remember the last time a boss was so hard! The guy must be a leftover of Ninja Gainden because he´s too hard for this kind of game...

But the most important thing is that i love the game!!! Finally a game that i can buy on release!

@Geryboy - i´m sorry but i can´t understand why you don´t like the combat system. It has some amazing weapons, different stances, great enemies and magical abilities/powers. Better than this only Ninja Gainden...

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Damn I hate those limited time demos/betas. Don’t know if I’ll have the time to finish it. Anyway, I was very interested in this, because I’m a big Souls fan, but I’m finding it very hard to get used to the combat. Between Dark Souls and Witcher and this, I’m really not sure in my buttons anymore lol. Why the hell there isn’t an option to dodge with the circle button?!
    Well, I’ll play a bit more and see. May be I will get it, but sometime down the line…

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just couldnt resist I pre ordered this at newegg for 49.99 probably first game i done this for in like 10 years.

cheap bastard like most boss fights they need tweak the boss fights so they arnt cheap and have auto follow you in the mid of there attack and follow exactly where you just dodged. which just infuriating.

I was line of sighting him at one point around the rocks and noticed is charge attack bend around the rock to point and still hit you. he was ridiculous cheap and hard even when I went back to him at lvl 50.

found best way was to parry/attack his attacks in the beta , I did it the hard way with any of that in the trial first time i fought him

which just proves my point that boss attack have some auto follow built in to some of there attack is cause there alot changing direction mid attack mid move happen.

The final boss of main missing did this to MID ATTACK IN THE AIR. this Autofollow you mid attack has been there since alpha sadly so it probably there in release too

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Yea, that guy is cheap and overpowered but i guess that´s expected, after all the game is made by the company that did Ninja Gaiden, where cheap and overpowered enemies and bosses were normal...

In the end i defeated that guy using dual katanas/blades in low stance, hitting him a couple of times everytime i could and when he was finally out of stamina, i would use a combo to take a good chunk of energy. The problem was that he could kill me with 3 hits and his special attack would kill me with just 1 hit...

But i´m also going to pre order this game and beat the crap of every enemy that stands in my way!... I´m going ninja (Gaiden) on their asses!:roll:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah in the beta i beat him like 10+ times, either using dual low stance or swords and mid stance and just parry and attack him. but I did very lil of the parry+ attack skills so i couldnt get the time down again.

I also make the game harder then should be some times cause i tend to only use swords or dual swords which in some fights it horrible idea haha

Ninja Gaiden was great cheap as hell all 3 of them some its fights had you fight 2 dozen things at once before getting to the boss just to be dead 2 hits later.

but was most gratify when you did win. I love difficult games but not cheap one that stupid stuff like auto correct you attack direction mid attack cheap tactics, as that is not true difficulty

None the less I love Nioh is like Ninja gaiden, onimusha rolled into one, would loved it even more if it had character creation.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    preloading. expecting a decent game please.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Well seems like it is getting a lot of praise. Some say even better then dark souls omg

let me know how it is please Mr. Bigtime

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I haven't played it but the videos remind me of Onimusha.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Juat unlocked lets see.

Edit: era of consoles to set graphgical options. On ps4 pro only i think, it asks me to set game movie mode, frame rate etc etc. which one ? Let me google be my guide.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  18. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    2080TI SLI PG348Q
    I chose Action Mode...It's very smooth on my PS4 Pro..:D

[​IMG]

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  20. kx11