NiOh: Complete Edition for PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja released NiOh: Complete Edition on PC today after building up anticipation for about a month. To celebrate, a short trailer, clocking in at only thirty seconds, was released,...

NiOh: Complete Edition for PC

2. Arbie

Arbie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Apparently without mouse or keyboard support. [There is a tool "gpdsck" which will help with that; see youtube.] Amazing in a $50 PC game.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nioh and all Dark Souls-esques games are made for gamepads, you can (technically) play them with keyboard and mouse but it's a pain in the ass.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    To be fair, you could easily get an Xbox one controller for a pretty decent price. Refurbished, new, heck even some decent third party ones like Afterglow.

5. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    No game should be launched without keyboard and mouse support on pc, and that means keybindings too. I don´t know how steam gave greenlight to this fuckup.

What about people who likes to play with keyboard and mouse?.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I bought afterglow for ~ 40e, and its great. Use it mainly for fighting MKX, racing, snowboard games :D

Just tried with Nioh and its ok too..

7. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    All the whingers complaining about M/Kb support make me laugh. I mean I'm a PC purist and game mostly with M/Kb, but for this? No. Not required. Unless you have some pressure sensitive analog keyboard, it wouldn't work anyway. It's a moot point, you really do not want to play a game like this with digital controls (keyboard) and if you can afford internet access and afford to buy a game, you certainly can afford a controller.

The game is great, so much intricacy and depth to it and the gameplay is addictive as hell. 10 hours in and barely scratched the surface.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You flipped that around, you meant to say its a pain to play with a controller, because, controller.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well, i played that game and Bloodborne on PS4 and Demon Souls on PS3.

I can't imagine to control these kind of games better with a KB/M.

I tried Dark Souls on Windows with KB/M, the best i can say is it feels "orthopedic".

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Yes I'm sure it's terrible with a keyboard/mouse, but the point is that it's a joke to release a game without proper keyboard/mouse support. Japanese companies really don't seem to give a single frack what the quality of their PC ports are.

11. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Jesus christ dude, what should be next, racing games without gamepad support?, wheel only?.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    To the people complaining about no keyboard and mouse support fail to realize that this game was a Console game to begin with so controller/gamepad controls were in mind first. So games like this and Dark Souls and heck even Bayonetta is recommended to play with a controller. Yeah I know that Dark Souls and Bayonetta have keyboard and Mouse support. Since this game and others that were on Console Id rather play with a controller vs keyboard and mouse. But if its a game like Torchlight a Diablo style ARPG Id rather use keyboard and mouse controls. It depends on the type of game.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It really should launch with mouse and keyboard support though, even if it's worse than using a controller.

People like the choice based on their own personal preference, this is like releasing a PC FPS on a console, but without controller support.

Been looking at the game as never really heard of it (I don't tend to pay much attention to Japanese developed games, as they rarely interest me) and looks ok, kinda overpriced as per the norm nowadays.

14. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It depends on how much the devs are commited to make keyboard and mouse work, when devs care they can make twin stick style shooters work even better than on a gamepad, try shadogrounds or alien breed series... even racing simulators back then when they used to care, you could play just fine with a keyboard:

This is just laziness and cheapness, and it´s not the only problem on the game that reflects that.

15. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Any game made for PC should have the ability to use KB/M in my opinion. Nothing wrong with having options.

Monchis likes this.

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Nice game but I hate that racism against 21:9 ultrawide monitor support. Go to hell. You should respect your customers more. With these tactics who are you people to blame piracy? Long live pirates. Excuse my attitude but we are going towards 2018. I hate lazy developers.