Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    You can actually fix most of the stuttering on Link's Awakening by raising the clocks with sys-clk or Freebird if you have an RCMable switch. The loading stutter is cut down from 5~ seconds to about 1-2 seconds.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    There is a YouTube Video on this and the creator of that video says it's not recommended to do this. Plus he also mentioned that Overclocking your Switch can only do so much. There has to be optimization patches.

3. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    I mean he says it's "not recommended" but that's because it doesn't fully fix the issues. For me, any noticeable extra performance is completely worth it. Overclocking the switch is like "overclocking" the PSP from 266MHz to 333MHz, it's technically an overclock but the console is built to do it, so it doesn't hurt anything and you get better performance than stock.
    After playing this game for 7 hours with overclocks applied, I'd recommend it.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  6. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    So let me start off by saying ive been out of the console world for well over a decade, i think the last one i bought was the original Xbox.... but a few months ago i was visiting my brother and ransacked his extensive game collection and noticed there was a sequal to one of my favorite games i used to play using Dolphin emulator, Xenoblade Chronicles.... xenoblade chronicles 2. Since the original was such an outstanding game, i figured this one has to at least be decent, so i borrowed his Switch for a few weeks.

I turned the game on and immediately was met with a much more anime looking style which gave me mixed feelings... but it wasn't long before i realized this game was much more than i had anticipated. First off.... the soundtrack is one of the most brilliant ive come across in any video game. Not only is it massive (6 discs total) but very well put together but it even has songs with vocals that are actually VERY good. As for the game, yes... it does go a bit overboard with the anime tropes and some fanservice (mostly just boobs and some skimpy outfits), once you get past that and see how well written the characters are and the depth of the story (which really doesn't start coming together till chapter 5) the game really becomes incredible. The last two chapters of the game will absolutely blow your mind.

One of the most difficult things any game developer can do is get the player emotionally invested in the characters. This is one of the few games ive played that not only did that... but actually brought me to tears. I've been gaming since the Atari 2600 and can safely say this is one of my top 5 RPG's ive ever played. I'm sure its old news to all you who own a switch, but for those of you who haven't played this game.... i HIGHLY recommend it. I just now started playing the DLC, Torna The golden Country which takes place 500 years prior to the events of Xenoblade 2 and it really gives a lot of context and perspective into the events of the main game and so far it's excellent as well.

Anyways, just thought i'd share my thoughts on a game i almost missed out on completely. If you haven't played it... or was put off by the superficial appearence of the game... take my word for it... You wont be disappointed.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Game Information

Game Title: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
    Platforms:
    • Nintendo Switch (Jan 17, 2020)
    Trailers:
    Developers: Atlus, Intelligent Systems
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Review Aggregator:
    OpenCritic - 81 average - 84% recommended - 33 reviews
    Critic Reviews

Atomix - Miguel Reyes - Spanish - 85 / 100
    Tokyo Mirage Sessssions #FE was one of the most colorful, entertaining and visually amazing games from the Wii U that, sadly, most people ignored. Now, this new port for the Nintendo Switch serves as a second chance to get into this fabulous game, all while it adds a fair amount of extra content (previous DLC and new materials) that turn it into the most complete version of the title. It's one game that many will enjoy, specially fans from the RPG genre, the Fire Emblem and/or Shin Megami Tensei/Persona series and, even so those one who played the original title.​
    COGconnected - James Paley - 76 / 100
    If you must prepare for this game, then prepare to be exhausted, elated, and energized. I found the Persona/Fire Emblem mix to be a bit unbalanced for my tastes, with too much tough and not quite enough touching. Still, under the layers of glitter, music, and misery, there’s a rock-solid JRPG to be found. If any of these disparate ingredients caught your eye, then Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore will almost certainly keep you hooked.​
    Cubed3 - Drew Hurley - 8 / 10
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE has been judged quite harshly in the past, with the original release not doing particularly well in Japan or in the West, and for reasons completely outside of the quality of the game. Not enough Fire Emblem, not enough SMT, too much Idol content, cut out fanservice in the West... but, ignoring what could have been, judging this on its own merits, there is a hell of a gem here.​
    Daily Star - Dom Peppiatt - 4 / 5 stars
    Atlus and Intelligent Systems' bizarre collaboration proves that, once again, there's still space for experimental RPGs in 2020​
    Digitally Downloaded - Matt Sainsbury - 5 / 5 stars
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions was one of the very few Wii U titles that I've been hanging out for a Switch re-release of since I first got my hands on the console, and it doesn't disappoint on any level. It's a brilliant concept, well told, and backed by Atlus' skill with turn-based combat at its peak.​
    DualShockers - Cameron Hawkins - 9 / 10
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is a one-of-a-kind JRPG that has found a new home on the Nintendo Switch.​
    Eurogamer - Malindy Hetfeld - No Recommendation / Blank
    Unable to combine the best of two beloved series, this JRPG can't really find its focus.​
    Everyeye.it - Antonello Bello - Italian - 8.2 / 10
    Four years after the original debut, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE continues to be a valid and captivating product, also thanks to the interesting influences due to the fascinating Japanese culture.​
    GameMAG - Russian - 8 / 10
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is a great game for fans of classic jRPGs with bright performances and interesting locations, which got a second chance on Nintendo Switch. If you like Persona and you haven't played TMS on WiiU, then you can safely buy the game.​

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I disagree with the Eurogamer review because to me it combined both SMT and FE very well and the reviewer missed the point completely.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    EG previously gave it a recommendation in their Wii u review anyway

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah different reviewers between the 2 versions of the game. To each to their own.

11. Gorgon123

Gorgon123 New Member

GPU:
    Nividia Geforce 550
    Hey guys,

What would be a great price for the Nintendo Switch right now ?

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Free would be great

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Old rumour article unfortunately, nothing has been confirmed from that yet.

15. akyle32

akyle32 New Member

GPU:
    razer core x chroma
    The console looks awesome. Its completely different from other console. I have enough money to buy it but there were rumors that Nintendo will be releasing an upgraded version before the year ends. Ill just hold on to my money for now.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    https://opencritic.com/game/9261/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition
    Game Information
    Trailer:
    Developer: Monolith Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Review Aggregator:
    OpenCritic - 89 average - 98% recommended

Critic Reviews

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I just bought a Switch with Zelda! What do I need to know?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Know about what lol, a switch plays games on the go or on your tv, as advertised.

Zelda's good, play how you want, explore as you like, you don't need to follow where the game tells you to go really.

Only main thing I can think of is that the switch's screen is made of some pretty soft plastic, and is softer than the dock, so get a glass screen protector.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I have small hands, so I should be ok on that front. Is Mario Kart any good? Paper Mario looks cool.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I actually bought a different version. I didnt know there were two games. Breath of the Wild and Links awakening. I got the latter. Seems pretty good. The Switch is very well made and I like the little small details it has. Like the clicking noise when you add the joy-cons to the system.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020