1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5
    Salt and Sanctuary on Switch on August 2nd :)

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Switch Firmware 6.0 is released with some great features.
    Save Cloud backup included with online service (about time Nintendo added this since MS an Sony had it since the 7th generation)
    New Icons for controllers and addition of NES/SNES/SFC controller icons which could mean Nintendo could be releasing a classic controller line of controllers for NES and SNES games.
    https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-firmware-update-6-0-datamined/

Plus Diablo 3 confirmed for the Switch as well.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-16-diablo-3-confirmed-for-nintendo-switch

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Out the 14th

Meant to be quite long, not sure how long

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I just wanted to say that I'm having a blast with Super Smash Bros Ultimate with my kids.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Absolutely disgusting cash grab

And by the way, the eshops screenshots do not reflect any of this, the video might, but they made it half of fullscreen and put fake little switch controls around it to hide it.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Anyone planning on getting Mario Bros. Deluxe on Switch?
    I'm not sure if Nintendo is brilliant or gamers are just stupid. The amount of HD rehashes is astounding and the cash they get.
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, didn't that originate on Wii? Then remade for 3DS, then again for Wii U as a HD version now again for Switch?
    That being said, I'll be buying Mario Bros Deluxe. And hating that I bought the same game for another $60.

- Idiot Gamer

BangTail likes this.
  7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    DKTF is a completely different game than the wii and 3ds one.

I got DKTF again (own it on wii u), barely touched it since I got it for a 2nd playthrough, sold it a month ago for £20.

Not getting NSMBU deluxe at that price though, already completed it twice.

8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Yah, I have to agree, what's with them re-releasing old games for full price?

Nintendo seems to do this an awful lot tbh.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Kind of makes sense for them to re-release a lot of the old Wii U games when you think about it, the console was an absolute flop sales wise and the Switch is the most successful console they’ve had in years.

I hadn’t owned a Nintendo console since the GameCube so I appreciate being able to pick up some of the better games that I missed on the Wii U.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Also, for another rerelease, JRPG tales of vesperia is out on friday for £40

Out on other consoles and pc as well of course, but then I can't play it outside the house and in bed.

(literally the only footage so far of it running in handheld, from 4 months ago)

1080p docked, 720p handheld, 60fps in battle, 30fps in field.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    By all means re-release the games, just don't re-release them at full price.

I have nothing against them re-releasing games at all, I'm all for it.

SerotoNiN and anxious_f0x like this.
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yeah totally agree about the price, should be a decent drop on them at least.

SerotoNiN and BangTail like this.
  13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I may pick it up at some point but not right now since I got Breath of the Wild as a Christmas Gift. Yeah it is kind of stupid to charge 60 bucks for games that were on the previous console But with games that come with all of the DLC such as Mario Bros Deluxe and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for example charging a little more money than for a game like Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze a game with no DLC charge like 25-30 bucks for that and with games that had DLC included such as Mario and Mario Kart 8 charge like $40-45 bucks for those. Also a game like Hyrule Warriors in which they are combining features from the Wii-U and 3ds versions I can understand charging a little more for that since you are getting best of both games. Charge like $30-40 bucks for that.

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    That's my thing. Remake the crap out of them. But $60 each time is ridiculous. BUT, they keep making them, so people are buying them.

BangTail and anxious_f0x like this.
  15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Also, my wet dream is for a proper Punch-Out game to be made on Switch. Not Arms, not one of the 5 smartphone knock-offs. A legit, Little Mac starring, Punch-Out. With Glass Joe, King Hippo, Piston Honda, Bear Hugger, Super Macho Man and a few new characters.

anxious_f0x and BangTail like this.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    defying logic the 'Tales of' team seem to have gone with an uncapped framerate in what should be 30fps areas, making it nice and stuttery (and wasting battery to boot)

17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I never played any of the XenoBlade series. I have such a hankering for an old school, console style RPG (think FF series before PS2...think console rpg's before PS2-era)

I ran through FF15, best looking PC game available imo. Worst story of a Final Fantasy game, EVER, again, imo. Do I need to have played the previous Xeno games to follow along with the sequel on Switch? If not, is it any fun? Doesn't seem like it has the occult following the wii original did?

Other suggestions I'm missing? Can be on any system. Im writing for Switch with Xeno 2 in mind.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Xeno games are all self contained just like final fantasy, tiny references at best and some shared monster designs.

It doesn't have a cult following this time around with xenoblade 2 because it was a big success for the team and sold over 1.5 million copies by september 18, it's their best selling game to date.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

vhchartz has some estimates for chronicles 1 showing a combined wii + 3ds sales of about 1.4 million, after many many years

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84721/xenoblade-chronicles/?region=All
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/42966/xenoblade-chronicles/?region=All

(xenoblade X sold a only 0.84 million on wii u)

I highly enjoyed the game as well as the prequel expansion/stand alone Xenoblade 2 Torna. Best JRPG i've played in years. It is however, not old school turn based RPG, the battles have a pretty complex system that can take a while to master, but it's real time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    SerotoNiN likes this.
  19. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've come to learn that turn based rpg fighting is gone and real time is where it's at. I've been ok making that transition. I didn't mind it in FF15, if anything it was too simplistic. Good point about the sequel.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    I mean if you want turn base old school on the switch look at octopath traveller. Though be aware it does not really have an grand epic main story like most jrpgs, rather 8 seperate character stories