Nintendo Switch Most Sought video game brand for the past 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 7, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Heck all my ps4 does is stream netflix lol..

2. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
  3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How about this forum relax? I wasn't kidding when i said this forum is all about negativity now. Ryzen performs really well and are priced awesomely? Negativity. Switch selling well? Negativity. New monitors with great specs? negativity.

wtf is wrong with people? If something doesn't work out specifically FOR YOU, that by no means, means you should decide to be negative about it. Realize it's not for you, and move on.

I'm so sick of coming on here and reading about technology and the advancements and everyone just deciding to destroy it for absolutely no reason.

Now if people want to complain for legitimate reasons, such as it's overly buggy (not that it's buggy, as that's pretty much to be expected for anything) or that there are build quality issues, fine, but i've seen one post in here, that youtube video, that is talking about that.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    LOL, most of the artifacts look like it's the graphics memory crapping out. The screen scratching in the dock is super disappointing. As for the controller thingies easily being inserted backwards and getting completely stuck... you can bet tons of people are going to do that. I was going to say kids, but no, people in general.

5. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I stopped posting here regularly because of this exact reason. This forum is now full of liberal trolls and it will continue on this path until its demise im afraid

6. moeppel

moeppel Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    The Switch alledgedly has them, too albeit to lesser extend. I wouldn't know however, as I don't have a Switch.

As for the Wii U - I can confirm occasional frame drops but overall they're not too frequent and seldom interfere with the experience as such. Of course it'd be great if they were gone entirely.

Maybe there will be patches later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately this isn't a Wii U / Switch specific issue, though. There are, have been and will be Xbox/PS 4 titles that suffer from the same issue(s).

7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    The switch imo is a great replacement to the ds but is far too expensive for what it is the should probably offer a barebones option that's just the tablet and a cable charger for a cheaper price because it's clearly not powerful enuff to run games decently on a tv. Also these games are getting far too expensive I would never pay more than 40$ for zelda after seeing it for myself.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Cheaper less powerful nvidia shield tv (kind of). With Nintendo exclusives.

9. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    Now that Aura89 sorted the negatives out, i'd love to hear what good is the Switch at? I intend to buy it alongside Zelda at some point this year, seeing how i like open world and how this gameplay allured me before too. Is it ok to simply skip this and get the digital copy, +cemu? Albeit 1½ years later?

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you want Zelda, I would just get a Wii U. Cheaper and more available than the Switch, and there are a couple games on the Wii U that aren't bad.

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I don't disagree much with what you've said, but good luck getting an XBone (though why you'd pick that over a PS4 which has better exclusives I don't know) for less than $400 here in Australia

12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC

13. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 (EVGA)
    Beware the wrath of Nintendo superfans. They're the tech equivalent of Michael Jackson fans who overlook everything else because "he made Thriller." Steve Jobs wishes he could have won over hearts and minds like Nintendo did.

14. Nurmi

Nurmi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Love Zelda but haven't played that game for years because I don't simply console.
    That said been playing a lot lately Tales of Zestiria & Berseria which only work/sell because of one guy doing custom fixes. Not the perfect solution and I would prefer if he'd stop after Tales titles.