Nintendo DS or Sony PSP?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by jeffmorris, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I'm thinking of buying Nintendo DS or Sony PSP. Which is better for driving games (my favorite kind of games)?

2. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    The PSP has much better racing games, I have to say. Almost all of the DS ones look like PS1 games or worse.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    missus wanted a DS for Professor Leyton and the curious village or whatever its called, got an emulator for it for her pc instead lol, still, great game, had me well puzzled in some cases

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Mario Kart anyone? XD

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Definately the PSP. I mean you have titles such Colin MCrae Rally, WRC, Test Drive Unlimited, Burnout, NFS series, Midnight Club, Wipeout (futuristic but still awesome.)

Though if you plan on getting a PSP look for the old PSP2000 that came before July 2008 because those are the ones that use the older revision of motherboards that allow them to have a Custom Firmware installed. (well you get the idea ;))

Tell you the truth i like this game. I liked it so much that this was one of the games i actually bought for my DS to support the developer. Other than that i try the rest on the R4 and if i do not like them then i dont play them and buy them. :(

6. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    PSP has a much better selcetion of the games you want.

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i`ve still got my original psp, chunky but freakin` brilliant..... analoge steering wins hands down!!!!

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    PSP just cause of the firmware/homebrew.

9. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I got the PSP, "Midnight Club: L.A. Remix" game, and 4GB memory card today. Any good PSP forum?

10. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Which version did you get? What Firmware is it? For Forums there are plenty you just need to look around if you are going into tweaking it and stuff.

11. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I think that I got PSP-2001PB and the firmware version is 4.05. Where can I get the USB cable for PSP?

12. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I agree, at least for racing games. Mario Kart is actually very fun on DS not sure if that was sarcasm. However game availability is seriously on the DS side. DS has way more selection than PSP. I own both. The other nice thing about PSP is wireless internet and browser which the DS (not DSi) lack.

13. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    PSP all the way, use mine daily for film watching as well as games

14. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im getting a DS soon just becuase i really like some of the games ive played on my mates, there fairly cheap for a lite version, plus have some classic RPG's on there.

15. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    So thats the PSP with the new type of motherboards which do not allow to have custom firmwares to be installed. Still though the games for the PSP are plenty. You just need to look around a bit because the games are really based on regions. (USA,Europe,Asia)

Well if you are getting the DS then the DS Lite would not be a bad choice because you can play the old GBA games on it and also the DS Lite is cheaper than the new DSi which does not offer much of an improvement as of now. (maybe in the future but we will see)

16. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I got a DSi today, as i got a good deal on one, im not that bothered about GBA games. really nice handheld tho.

17. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Wellll....the DSI has an SD slot built in, and they already have loaders for it, so I can expect the homebrew scene to pick up pretty fast

18. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    The DSi has been hacked way before it came out in the US. Just search google for the Acekard and you will see what i mean.

19. SS2vegeta

SS2vegeta Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980M
    Just a hint - the new PSPs do a google search for 'Pandoras Battery'.

I was lucking and got a first gen PSP which was able to load CFW without having to mod the hardware.

Also, i've got a DSi which if you google for 'R4i' you'll get the idea.

Remember, if you try a game, and like it, BUY IT!

20. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    No the Pandora Battery does not work on PSP3000 only on a PSP2000 that is manufactured before June 2008 because as of that month they changed the motherboard completely and made it non-hackable at this point. Also the current R4 does not work for the DSi but they are making a new one. The only thing that works right now is the AceKard which is like the R4.

Currently my Handheld systems.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009