NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    KOEI TECMO Europe and famed developer Team NINJA have revealed the long-awaited and highly-anticipated NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection for the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, the Xbox One consoles (playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility), and Windows PC via Steam®. The collection, slated to launch on 10th June 2021, will package the classic game NINJA GAIDEN Sigma alongside beloved titles NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge - with most of the previously released game modes and DLC costumes in one thrilling collection.

Three extremely high speed and intense ninja action games are now available in one package!

Enjoy three games from the NINJA GAIDEN series in this single collection. The nostalgic yet timeless high-speed action of the series unfolds on the latest hardware, so look forward to heated battles with fearsome opponents!
    In addition to Ryu Hayabusa, the 4 female characters Ayane, Rachel, Momiji, and Kasumi are also playable. Pair up favorite characters, and switch between characters during battles.

* The heroines included in this title are the same as the original versions. In addition, the characters that are playable and scenes (modes) vary for each title.
    Most of the previously released game modes and DLC costumes for each title are included in this thrilling collection. In addition to Ryu Hayabusa, each of the other characters also have many different costumes to choose from, allowing for action packed battles in outfits of your choice.

Included Titles
    NINJA GAIDEN Sigma (NINJA GAIDEN Σ)
    NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 (NINJA GAIDEN Σ2)
    NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge

Classic Costumes Included
    DLC costumes included

[VIDEO]

GeniusPr0 and itpro like this.
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    If it looks like the old x360 version why bother? it looks very dated

3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Quality games do not need RTX.

CPC_RedDawn and sephking like this.
  4. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Sigma...

Pass.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm missing the Sigma references..

As for these games, only ever played the first two on the One X and as old as they are they still look very nice when running pretty much 4k/60.

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I played these games back in the days of the Xbox 360. And loved it.
    I no longer have these consoles, so an opportunity to play them again on Steam is good enough for me.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    So there is no options menu and gamers have to input resolution in the Steam properties.
    They are really slacking off with this remaster....

BlindBison likes this.
  8. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    No support for KB/M whatsoever, settings inputted via CLI and only 3 resolutions supported.
    This is 2nd lowest effort i've come to come out of Japan since og Dark Souls PC port.

It feels like this isn't even a PC port of the games but some wrapped up dedicated emulator with built in hacks to switch resolutions in the roms.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    BlindBison likes this.
  9. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I love the Souls games (Demon's Souls / OG Dark Souls are some of my all time favorites), but holy crap have their been issues with their PC variants.

Obviously original Dark Souls PTDE was awful from a technical pov (awesome game though), but what they did re-releasing DS2 also struck me as scummy (also worst case of downgrades from original release gameplay I've ever seen -- Crowbcat's video on the DS2 reveal vs DS2 final gameplay is great) and even the re-release didn't restore the original lighting or assets they'd shown.

Dark Souls 3 is a game I do like overall (though not as much as DeS/DS1 personally), but I've tested this on 4 different PCs (some of which with G-Sync) and it has a stuttering problem that appears tied to asset streaming when you move through certain areas and it's very distracting. This still happens even if I capped the game to 30 fps.

For example, if you warp to Vort's bonfire then sprint up to the Dancer's room there's a stutter that happens here basically 100% of the time regardless of which PC I test it on -- same in other areas, there appear to just be one off hitches that you can't really do anything about (even with G-Sync) tied to asset streaming. This did not occur on my copy of the PS4 version so seems to be a PC only thing and maybe relates to them not doing much of any work to rework the asset streaming differently on PC vs the console build which has unified memory.

I understand there's been controversy for Dark Souls 1 Remastered in terms of some of the visual differences, but other than the fact that there's no 30 fps option for low-end hardware users (the game runs in slow motion if you use half refresh v-sync externally + an RTSS cap for example), it's been the "best" PC port of a souls game yet in my experience with a smooth locked framerate and no discernible stuttering even when sprinting between areas (notice Fromsoft didn't handle this one lol). I greatly appreciate that. From can make great games, but their technical team really is not the best seems to me -- Digital Foundry has also commented that on console their games have all had bad framepacing issues to boot so they really should try to do better on that front seems to me.

10. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Of course they don't need it, but I do think it's a "nice to have" if implemented well.

DLSS 2.1 + RTX features make me happy when they work as expected -- for me, I consider the graphics to sort of be "the whole point" whenever a remaster or re-release takes place so it's "better" when they go further and do more on that front seems to me.

Now, that's maybe not always true -- for example, sometimes you get games where the original just had a truly terrible port and/or ran like hot garbage with a lot of issues for whatever reasons so sometimes if a Remaster just makes the game run far better it's worth it just for that if you really like the game perhaps.

If the game is good and the PC port works well and it doesn't have raytracing/DLSS though I agree that it's still a success that's worth playing. DOOM Eternal is now adding in DLSS/Raytracing features, but I played it at launch and it was great. Same for the recent Days Gone port, it seems to be a solid port that runs like I'd expect so I don't really mind that it doesn't have any RT features I suppose. If they added in support later though I'd be pretty excited.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    I'll laugh even harder if it really is a purpose built emulator and they'll wrap it with Denuvo for good measure.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So I never played ninja gaiden , or well only briefly at a friend.

Is it worth to get this ? (besides nostalgia ?).

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    They are pretty good, decent story nothing special, gameplay is where its at but its VERY hard. Not quite Dark Souls hard, and nowhere near original Ninja Gaiden hard but its a challenge.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The first and second Ninja Gaiden were very good.
    But this port seems to be a very, very lazy one. So it's better to avoid.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I'm not tied to PC really , can buy it on ps5 as well. Or does the game have problems there as well ?

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Let me guess, it's a mess?!

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Even Dark Souls PC port had a resolution setting in the menu.

Not that it changed rendering resolution but at least you could set output resolution to what you want.

18. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    This game renders at 4k by default and outputs to your monitor resolution.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Between this, and the upcoming No More Heroes "PC" releases...
    Have to wonder why even bother.

Bottom end, minimal effort PC ports.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    That would be the dollaridoo cashgrabberinos.