Nigerian influencer arrested in Dubai for 350 million pound cyberscam

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Carfax, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Has anyone ever heard of this guy? Goes by the name of Ray Hushpuppi on instagram.

He has almost 2.5 million followers, and is well known for displaying his ultra wealthy and ultra opulent lifestyle. Well, turns out he was a massive fraud. All of his money came from cyber scams committed against businesses and individuals all across the world, but especially in the U.S, Europe and Africa.

He was arrested in Dubai by the FBI about a week ago at his ultra high end Palazzo Versace apartment, and had 30 million sterling in cash seized along with several luxury vehicles.

The reason why I posted this is because I'm sure we've all had those emails sent to us about some relative that died and left millions of dollars to the scammer, but he can't claim it for whatever reason and needs us to send him money to do so; and of course he'll give us a healthy amount of it in return for our generosity :D

Oh well, you reap what you sow. I wonder if he'll look back on this several years later in prison, and ask himself whether what he did was worth the price he's going to soon be paying.

Probably not. He had a good ride at other peoples' expense, but all good things must come to an end.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Perhaps he should send some emails to random people and ask for help? He has cash (likely not all was taken away) so perhaps add to that message that he has cash and will pay. Should get people helping him.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    GOOD.

I want more than anything for the number of banknotes in circulation, versus, the number printed; to be reduced.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/statistics/banknote

These numbers need to come down, and getting a hold of some scammers millions in raw cash is music to my ears.